Chapter 14 - The Truth That Was Kept From Him

Third Person Pov:

Badr was standing while looking at the sky. To calm his mind, he decided to go to the lake. Behind him, was a long and tall tree and in front of him was the lake. The red sun was hidden behind the dark yet brown clouds. The clouds were smaller puffy and lower. The river was calm, still and well.

He stood up and turned to go but stiffened when he heard a voice. The voice that gave him chills. The voice that he feared.

"Going without meeting me, Ya Badr"

"Nass-ir" He stuttered out looking at Nassir who smirked at the impact he had on Badr. Nassir moved towards Badr who backed away till his back touched the tree. Badr was literally shivering.

" Did I said you can call me by my name?" Nassir gripped his jaw furiously. The grip was so harsh that Badr would have a bruise.

"Sorry, S-ir" He stuttered out, shivering and trembling.

"So weak. " Nassir muttered while grabbing his right shoulder. He tried to take him but Badr refused to budge which angered him. Gripping his shoulder harshly making him winced, he made him sit on his bike and took him to forest. In the whole ride, Badr was crying silently while shivering and trembling.

When they reached the forest, Nassir took Badr straight inside it and stopped when they saw a tree which had a mark 'X' on it.

"Didn't I tell you I hate when people cry? Such a weak person you are" Nassir growled, holding his collar scaring hell out of him. Scoffing, he started digging the tree a little until some old documents were visible. Taking it out, he threw it at Badr's face and said with his deep voice.

"Read "

Scared, Badr picked up the document and started it. After reading everything, he was shocked and confused.

"Wha-t i-is I-t, S-ir?" He questioned terrified, looking at Nassir who smirked and told him the truth which broke him apart. His heart shattered into pieces. It felt as if he was stabbed in the heart, twenty six times.

"It can-t be tr-ue" Badr looked at Nassir, hoping he would say it's a lie. But Nassir scoffed and yelled furiously

"Everything's true. YOU ARE A BLOODY MONSTER. You have a monster blood in your veins. Your father is a monster. AND YOU! YOU ARE THE REASON FOR IT. FOR EVERY THING, YOU ARE REASON. Only If You weren't born, your mother wouldn't have divorced him. And After that, what happened , wouldn't have happened. YOU KILLED MY FATHER AND MY MOTHER!"

' He is a bloody monster' 'He is the reason for every thing ' ' He is the killer of his father and mother' These sentence echoed in his mind. Seeing Badr in his mind, Nassir thought, leaving Badr terrified, and broken, he sat on his bike and left the place.

• There will be a storm soon. It will be fun when you will be stuck here in the storm while your family will try to find you. A scare will be good •

Badr was standing in a trance. He couldn't believe what he heard. It couldn't be true. He wasn't a monster, right? He wasn't a son of a monster or he didn't have the blood of a monster running through his veins. His father wasn't a monster. He tried to console himself but in reality, the truth was crushing him. It was as if someone ran a bulldozer on him. It was as if he was screaming and yelling in pain and agony yet not even a word came out of his mouth. He was broken out of the trance when he felt something wet on his face. He looked at the sky which was fully covered with brown dark clouds, the wind was strong and the rain was gradually increasing. He looked around only to realise that Nassir had left him alone.

He was terrified of what if Nassir comes back and punishes him for leaving so he decided wait while sitting beside the tree. He was scared and terrified. To calm himself down, he started reciting Surah As Sharh (It's a small surah so you don't have to skip)

Surah Starting

bismillah rahman rahim

In the Name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

أَلَمْ نَشْرَحْ لَكَ صَدْرَكَ ١

Have We not uplifted your heart for you ˹O Prophet˺,

وَوَضَعْنَا عَنكَ وِزْرَكَ ٢

relieved you of the burden

ٱلَّذِىٓ أَنقَضَ ظَهْرَكَ ٣

which weighed so heavily on your back,

وَرَفَعْنَا لَكَ ذِكْرَكَ ٤

and elevated your renown for you?

فَإِنَّ مَعَ ٱلْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا ٥

So, surely with hardship comes ease.

إِنَّ مَعَ ٱلْعُسْرِ يُسْرًۭا ٦

Surely with ˹that˺ hardship comes ˹more˺ ease.

فَإِذَا فَرَغْتَ فَٱنصَبْ ٧

So once you have fulfilled ˹your duty˺, strive ˹in devotion˺,

وَإِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ فَٱرْغَب ٨

turning to your Lord ˹alone˺ with hope.

Surah Ends

He sat while repeating the Surah. He didn't know how much time had passed. But he was almost calm. There was still fear in him but he was calm. However, he was shivering due to the cold breeze. He was waiting for someone to come. He didn't know where to go. He was lost. It was almost evening time but the storm wasn't calm. He thanked Allah that the storm wasn't that much worse. But his eyes widened when his eyes laid on a rabbit whose leg was stuck in a fallen branch of the tree. With his shaky legs and trembling hands, he moved towards the rabbit and carefully removed it. He gasped as he saw the rabbit foot was injured a bit and he was shivering due to the cold breeze. He tore his clothes from his right shoulder and wrapped around the rabbit to protect it from the cold.

He then went towards the same tree where he was sitting before. At least the tree was keeping them safe from the storm. He held the rabbit carefully in his hand and started caressing him. Seeing the rabbit still shivering, he held him tight to his chest.

Author Note:

How's it!?

I hope you like it!

Share your opinion!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Will Badr be stuck here till the weather calms?

Or Will His family find him?