The Wife & The Mistress

A week later

Fantasia was very unhappy, I mean, she had her kids back, they loved her wife so much, she had a drop-dead gorgeous wife who turned heads everywhere she went, once was crazy in love with but at the moment she felt trapped.

Remember in the fire when she said "I'm trapped!" she didn't refer to the fire per se, she was talking about her marriage and her heart, she wanted to stay married to her wife, and loved her but her heart beat for somebody else, so she concluded it as being trapped.

She was at a bookstore in the back while her readers were waiting by the store for a read from the author and book signing, the place was packed with Hollywood executives.

Fantasia was trying to pull herself together because she couldn't afford to fuck it up, she needed to go back to Hollywood to direct another film based on her books.

She breathed deeply picked up her book and walked in the hall. They clapped, cheering for her.
"Hi y'all, as y'all know my name is Fantasia, thank you for coming to my book signing. You requested a read. Unfortunately, I'm not up for it but... Here goes nothing, take your seats if you can."
She sat down. Flipped her book.

"final chapter:"
My heart beat fast unable to deal with the fact that I was gonna see her for the last time ever because she was about to find out that I wasn't shit, I was a liar, I wasn't worth her time and I was not all that she presumed I was..."
Fantasia took a pause, voice shaky like she Was about to cry. She sniffled, it was too deep and too real for her, but her readers loved it so much, the emotions she Brought in the reading were so incredible, except she was living the reality of her book, shit hurt for real.

"She was the incredible one, my heart was looking for her, without actually looking for her, Taraji was a beautiful woman, a big piece that puzzled up my heart. I - I -...

"I stood up, and shook myself hoping to wake up from this nightmare"
Everybody turned to an uninvited guest who was reading the book for the author. She walked from the back eyes on the book,
Fantasia's heart beat rapidly out of her chest, she stood up.
"Except, I wasn't dreaming, I was living in my reality, my heart must have cracked 60 flipping times that very minute, knowing I was gonna walk next door and tell the woman that I love, that it is not over, because it never began, that I'm an undeserving human being who fucked up everything worth her time. That I love her,---" Penda read, engaging the audience, but Monica wanted to know, who the fuck is that? She didn't recognize her with her Weave down to her ass, a short sexy slutty-secretary, very short skirt, and matching suit. Glasses like she was some librarian or secretary of some big ass company.

"I love you Taraji, baby I love you!" Penda and Fantasia both completed.
Fantasia's tears came running down looking at Penda looking so fucking hot in her outfit, and how she made her heartbeat.

The audience clapped, loudly, they loved the chemistry that Penda and Fantasia brought into the reading.
Monica wasn't happy. Penda looked at Fantasia then made a dramatic turn... You know the turn.
(on what men want) just swaying with her heels to the side then posed before diva-walking out of the place.
Fantasia smirked a little. Monica looked at her and then marched out.
. "Oh hell this can't be good," Fantasia said under her breath. "Okay, let's get your books signed, shall we?!" she told the fans but her eyes were trying to look outside the glass door.
She began signing.

Outside:

"Hey," Monica said. Penda turned. "that was awesome how you stepped in. Is like you knew how to narrate it. I'm Monica by the way."
Monica outstretched her hand. "Penda, nice meeting you, wait, you are the wife right?" Penda asked playing dumb..
"Usually people expect the wife to be younger and white, but yes, I'm the wife. How do you know my wife if you don't mind me asking?"