The Delusions

Penda's narrative to the Driver.

I imagine that I find her home. And this is what I have in mind... Fantasia was home drinking as she had planned.
The cab arrived before Monica's car. I would run inside, wouldn't dare to knock on the front door cause I have the key, this key. I would use my key...
And I imagine this whole thing turning out to be a romantic gesture... You know,
Fantasia would lift her head and look at me lovingly in the eyes, standing on her feet and falling in love with me and she would ask me "What are you doing here?"

And I would look at her with a hostile attitude and respond...
"I'm taking everything that's mine. You are mine. Put that bottle down, and stop acting weak, you are not weak. Get up, we going to my place, that's our place, you are gonna call your lawyers. We are gonna figure this whole thing out together because I'm not letting you deal with this alone" I would say to her,
Fantasia sniffles
"I don't deserve you," she says
"You do. You fucking do deserve me and I deserve you--"
And then guess what...

"Tell me!" the cabby said slowing down the speed

Monica walked in. She looked at me pissed off. "You are everywhere!"  she muttered to me.
"Like karma. Baby let's go" I said.
"Leave my wife the fuck alone, stay out of this?"
Monica said, feeling frustrated, sounding more frustrated. Bitch would be fucking frustrated in all angles.

I chuckled hysterically. "you are cute to think I'm gonna let you hurt my woman like that. You want a divorce. You gonna get it, but you ain't getting nothing out of this marriage. See, while you and your dirty lawyer girlfriend plotted this shit, I went and fuxked a good fucking judge. I told him my story, that my future wife was being robbed by low lives for her shit. See what I didn't know is that, that judge knew her father, he was his golf buddy. I made him promise to fight to get this case and guess what he was called for this case last night. You are not gonna get anything you didn't work for baby girl"
I eat her up with that one...

"But is it true, about fucking the judge?" The cabby asked. "No, I wish...Just fucking listen to the freaking story"

Fantasia would become sober looking at me with loving eyes again, I looked back at her.

Before turning at Monica calmly. "Look at this house Monica, you see this house. The cars outside and in the garage? Your wife. Turn to her and see her standing there, that beautiful black woman. All of it especially her, one day, they all gonna be mine. I'm gonna take her from you. I promise you. did you get That? If anyone else got that, Please remind her when that day comes." yeah I ate and left no crumbs right? Fantasia smirked,
She loved it. I blushed because I made my woman smile. She looks so fucking beautiful when he smiles. I wanna marry her so fucking bad.

"So honey I'm gonna step out, let you enjoy my future, temporarily, cause who knows maybe you got a couple of hours, it could be weeks, months Tops, cause I tell you, it ain't gonna be years, over my dead body. So don't you dare thinking I'm gone forever 'cause I'm not? I will be back for what's mine. In the meantime why don't you enjoy my future wife..." I continued

I picked up the envelope pulled a pen and handed it to Fantasia. "Choose me, baby, I would never fuck you up like this. Let her go, she can't be trusted, after everything you went through for her... She is disloyal as fuck". Fantasia accepted the pen and signed. And just like that, I got my woman back.
Monica gasped her tears coming down. See now she's regretting it cause it's over.
"Baby I didn't mean... I---I made a mistake please, let's talk about this"

"Shut up. Shut the fuck up. You had a chance to make this right and you didn't. She chose you over me and you still fucked up. Enough, okay enough" I told her ass taking Fantasia's car keys.