The Book

Penda waited for her husband to leave Friday morning before calling Rosey back to work.
She wanted to fill her gaps with answers regarding her husband's mysterious late wife, not sure why she didn't just go to a search engine already...

Her husband left, and Rosey came in.

"Thank you for calling me, to give me my job back. I really need this" Rosey said sitting down with Penda. "it was my pleasure my husband told me you are a part of the family. How long have you worked for him and his late wife?" Panda asked. Angling her nose in their business.

"I worked for Mrs Smith longer. Bill found me"
"What happened to her... How did she die?"

"She was found dead, right there, in a pool of her own blood, she took her life"
"why?"
"They were not happy."
"Is that why he doesn't wanna speak about it or her? So don't mind me asking... Who is the woman you made me hire?"

"That's...her twin sister."
"But I thought Monique didn't have siblings hence Bill's sister Sophie is taking care of the kids"

"Well. I don't know." Rosey said but it seemed as if she was hiding something.
"So you know how I can find her, this twin sister?"
"no!"
Penda got agitated by this mysterious puzzle.

She tried her hardest to forget about Fantasia. Also, it made her miserable.
A camera crew from the studio came to the house to shoot her pilot piece.
She hated it and requested a reshoot.
They came two days later and tried again. Shot more material to combine her promo shots.

She did her promotional stills (photoshoot).
She started shooting her entire season after they approved the show after reviewing her pilot. Her show was officially called, the REAL DIVA OF BH.

It took her 3 months to finish the shoot. All 10 episodes, they meant to pick it up from 11 to 24, during summer break...
She went to San Francisco with her girlfriends (the other Real Housewives) to celebrate the first season of her solo show.

They were walking down the streets. Doing some shopping when Penda spotted a big banner with Fantasia's face on it, she stopped to read... Her girls didn't notice that she had stopped and kept going.

Fantasia was having a book signing at a bookstore a few blocks away. The book was Titled. "Stolen From Me" is a memoir about her life before she was declared dead.
She googled the address on her watch and navigated. She took the other way opposite to where her girlfriends were.

They called her after noticing she was gone.
"Hey ladies, I'm sorry I had to get my nails and hair done. I will meet you back at the hotel. My bad!"
They cursed and snapped at her but she hung up...

She went to the bookstore.
There was a queue, but it was dying down since Fantasia started her signing very early in the morning and it was 4 pm and Fantasia hadn't taken a break yet.

Penda walked in.
She was looking for a copy of the book, to get Fantasia's attention. She couldn't find a copy. She asked the security guy. "I'm sorry, we sold out. Those copies in people's hands were the last ones. You could stand in the line, maybe the author still has some. She had 5 copies this morning, try your luck."

"yeah, the thing is I'm Penda Smith, I don't stand in a freaking line... Do something" she said bribing him with a 500-dollar bill.
He swallowed hard and snatched it. "follow me," he said and took her ahead of the line.
They approached the Author's booth.
"I got a fan without a copy, do you still have a copy?" The guy asked Fantasia.
Fantasia was looking at a book she was signing.

"Yeah sure, here..." she said lifting her book and her eyes, Penda received it, and she pulled it away.
"No, actually I'm sold out too. This is mine" Fantasia said tossing the book back under her small table.
She continued signing books while interacting with readers, ignoring Penda's presence.