The Girl of Her Dreams

...
On her way home, Monica received a call from her wife.

Tasia: Are you coming home at all!? We have things we didn't get into this morning, I've been waiting for you all day.
MO: this morning I thought you and Penda had better plans.
Tasia: Is there anything, something that you wanna say to me Mo? cause you can stop beating around the bush, you can come out and say it.
Mo: no, is there something that you need to tell me?
Tasia: yes, I do, but I'm not doing it over the phone. Come home damn it!
Mo: Okay I'm on my way.

She came home 10 minutes later.
Found her frustrated wife Drinking and waiting impatiently.
She dropped her car keys and her purse on the kitchen counter and joined her.
"Hey!" Fantasia said, "Want a beer?" Fantasia asked. Monica nodded. Fantasia pulled two from the refrigerator and handed one to her wife then gulped the one she was already drinking.
"Baby, I need to tell you something. Please just listen okay, listen" Fantasia said.

Monica nodded and opened her bottle.

"While we were living apart for the revenge, Penda worked for me and Bonnie, and... Well one thing led to another, and we started messing around, she thought I was cheating on Bonnie, and somewhere down the line I started believing it the way she thought, it made it easier for me to cheat. Baby I cheated on you with Penda, and I'm so sorry"

"is it over?"

"Yes, it is. Infect I just came from her apartment this morning, we broke it all off, for good. Infect it hasn't been happening since the fire, that is since my wife came back to me".
"Are you sure?"

"Okay, I think I kissed her last night, but I was drunk"

"So yes Monica, it is over" Monica nodded.
"Nothing you need to say to me? Maybe about the woman who was in our bed last night? Cause I know I'm not imagining it".

"She's nobody. One of the women I'm helping was having an emotional breakdown. I was trying to calm her down"
Fantasia narrowed her eyes at her wife.
Fantasia knew she was being lied to. "You calmed her down in our bed?"
Monica didn't justify that with a response.
Fantasia's anger was uncontrollable so she stood up to go upstairs, far away from her wife...

"I wanna officially open the center. Have a party, I was thinking of hosting one next weekend. Invite people." Monica said. Fantasia just nodded and walked away.

She was aware that her marriage was not good, but the more her wife acted like she didn't care, the more Fantasia wanted her and desperately wanted it to work.

Before Monica could go upstairs she made a call to Rita, saying goodnight.

She joined Fantasia in bed.
"The studio wants you back. They want you to hire and fire whoever you wish to. Is your wife's job safe?" Monica asked getting in bed.
"you know I can't lie and I can't make empty promises so, I don't know, and I don't think so yet. I can't make that promise yet"

"Is Penda's job safe?"
"Penda is really good, you know that, I don't plan on replacing her but also can't make any promises until I see all of you at the auditions. I'm re-auditioning. They already called. I think you need to be ready by Friday, cause it is a surprise audition. So heads up" Fantasia said turning to sleep. "So did you give your side piece heads up too?" Monica asked.

"Penda is not a side piece... At least not anymore, and no she's not talking to me and I don't think she needs a heads up, she got this"

"and I don't?" Monica snapped. "I didn't say that. Good night" Fantasia said. She was hurt, her wife was different, mean, disrespectful, and lying.
She couldn't sleep, just tossing and turning all night. She thought about Penda, she didn't regret choosing her wife but she wished it didn't come to this.