Love's Tangles| Request

AN: I received a request to write an imagine similar to the Disney movie Tangled, where Reader takes the place of Rapunzel and Leon is Flynn. I wanted to mix this with Resident Evil instead of making it a princess/ prince AU, so here's what my mind thought of! 

-----------------------------------------------------------

I don't remember where I came from or who my parents are, all I know is that when I was little something happened, and I ended up under the care of a man named William Birkin. He became a father to me, teaching me from a young age the importance of my blood and how other people may try to harm me to get the cure that resides within me against something known as the T-Virus. We live in a small cottage next to the sea on the edge of the country, where the winds are strong and the paths are overgrown. We're isolated and safe, but despite feeling coddled and secure, I'm beginning to yearn for more than this net I'm ensnared in.

I sigh, staring out of the window and at the grey skies beyond, the mist from the ocean smothers the usual view of the countryside and forest beyond the cottage, that apparently leads to a town full of evil people and those who wish to disrupt the peaceful life I live. "What's that look for?" Birkin asks softly, smiling at me from where he sits on the sofa, a book in hand. 

I turn from the windowsill, plastering on a content look as I shrug. We've had these conversations before yet every time I ask for him to come with me to the town or even let me roam a little further than the garden he always gets mad with me. Birkin gives me a pointed look, smile fading. He hates it when I think to myself, as if my thoughts are dangerous things that he should openly confront and demolish. "I-I just thought that for my birthday we could maybe go to the town, or just the forest. We could maybe have a picnic or just walk around-" 

"Y/N, we're not talking about this-"

"But maybe it won't be as bad as you think! I could wear a disguise or-"

"I SAID NO, YOU UNGRATEFUL THING!" He shouts, red faced and stood over me. I swallow, feeling embarrassed and ashamed. Sometimes I think he cares for me, or maybe he could. He's just doing this to keep me alive, but lately I'm questioning if it's even a life worth living. Birkin's shoulders slump as he sighs and crouches down, petting my head softly as I stare at the rug and will the tears to stay clogged in my throat. "You know why we can't." He says, nicer now. I nod, sniffling as I stiffen when he hugs me then pulls away.

A few days later Birkin tells me that he needs to go to the town for some more supplies. I don't question it, not whilst I'm still trying to make up for upsetting him. With one last check and an uncomfortable forehead kiss, he leaves me alone in our cottage for the next few days. I spend the first day prancing around, eating more than I should for breakfast and stepping out into the garden as the weather clears up. The second day the silence becomes loud, the isolation is suffocating and every small noise makes me hope that he's back early. 

It's on the second night when I hear the intruder. 

At first I'd assumed I'd been hearing things, but then the sound of glass shattering had me leaping out of bed and racing downstairs. I don't think as I slip into the kitchen and grab the first thing I see, a frying pan. I hold it high as I round the corner to see the front door open and the glass window shattered. My heart leaps to my throat as I look around in the darkness, seeing nothing else out of place, until all of a sudden a hand reaches from around my head, smothering my mouth as another arm yanks to me into a warm and strong body. 

"Shhh, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." A masculine voice rumbles. I shriek, stamping on his foot as he releases me, then I spin and swing the frying pan to aim for his face. The handsome blonde man is quick though, and grabs the pan just before it clashes with his head. We both pant heavily, with a comedic slowness the man inches the pan away from his forehead to finally make eye contact with me. As soon as my eyes meet his crystal blue ones I'm done for. I've not seen a lot of men in my life, but I know already that this one truly doesn't mean me any harm. I mean, he said so.