Million Dollar Man| Request

AN: I had a request to write an imagine based/ inspired by the song Million Dollar Man by Lana Del Rey. I went with the vibes rather than the meaning of the song, so I chose to do a 'millionaire Leon X Reader' but they're having problems in their relationship.

----------------------------------------------------

One for the money
Two for the show
I love you, honey
I'm ready, I'm ready to go
How did you get that way?

I don't know
You're screwed up and brilliant
Look like a million dollar man
So why is my heart broke?

-Lana Del Rey

Leon's wealth painted our world in a vibrancy I'd never knew before, I didn't fall in love with him because he was rich, but I could never deny that it was a bonus to his charming ways and handsome looks. In the early times of our relationship I had no clue about the amount of zeros in his bank account, he was so down to Earth and vulnerable. Our dates weren't extravagant at first, sure he splashed out a little at some posh restaurants and bought me a dozen red roses, but we also had cheap movie nights with rented B-movies and spent hours at a simple bowling alley where we'd drink flat cola and wince at the greasy pizza. I thought I couldn't fall for him more, but then he begun to finally open up to me and treat me like I was long term. My life dazzled, from the clothes in my closet to the house we live in, everything changed over the course of a month- but the façade of being happily in love with my rich boyfriend soon grew tiring.

At some point Leon's romantic gestures begun to droop. Instead of planning out sweet dates he'd use his money to get someone else to think for him. He got so caught up in his work, usually opting to send a delivery of dinner to our penthouse rather than taking me out himself. I stopped receiving his store bought flowers from his hard earned money, instead he had jewellery and over the top bouquets delivered to my workplace. It should have been enough- more than enough since God knows how much it all cost- but it felt wrong. It wasn't thoughtful or romantic, there was no sign of my Leon in the actions. I yearned for my cheesy and caring boyfriend who understood me completely, not some rich man who'd keep me quiet with weekend getaways where he'd spend most of the time in the villa working from his laptop. Money couldn't buy love, but Leon forgot that as his bank account grew.

I learned to live with it, hoping that Leon would come to his senses. I'd waited and waited for him to surprise me and do something that meant more to me than for show, but it never came. Our love began to fade, breaking my heart and my gilded cage. Enough was enough, I couldn't keep withering away whilst Leon had no idea how empty I felt inside, so I confronted him one night when he got back from work.

"What do you mean you're not sure if I love you?" Leon asks in disbelief, dark brows knitted together in confusion. I shrug from where I sit on the sofa, dressed in some casual clothes just in case this takes a turn for the worst and I want to leave.

"You're barely here. When was the last time you actually spent time with me?" I ask, not shouting since the numbness and acceptance has run its course. Leon opens and closes his mouth, letting out a small laugh as he shrugs off his suit jacket.

"Last week, we spent the evening together at that charity gala. I had you to myself the whole night." He mumbles unsure, as if he's finally realising his mistakes. I scoff, shaking my head as I stand up and cross my arms. A sad smile lifts my lips as he watches me with concern etched all over his face.

"No Leon, I was glued to your side hoping you'd call it an early night and come home with me, instead you dragged me from person to person, showing me off as some trophy woman. Not once did you ask if I was okay or tired. I'm not made for this kind of life Leon." I wistfully add.

"Baby," Leon murmurs, coming to me and cupping my cheeks in his hands, his lips meet mine softly, making my heart flutter for a few seconds, "I don't understand. I thought you liked the money?"

My heart drops to the floor as I step out of his hold, my lip trembling as I hold back my tears. "You still don't get it? I don't care about the money and the lavish life we've been so lucky to have, I want my boyfriend, not the shadow of him. I'm sick of sleeping alone, tired of waiting for you on the sofa only to find out by text that you're in a different country! I'm so fucking lonely, and I want, no deserve, a man who prioritises me." A sob escapes me at the revelation. Leon's face falls, I can see the second it sinks in, chilling him to the bones. He shakes his head, reaching for my hands but I'm already turning away from him, I can't stand the fear I see in his blue eyes.

"Please don't leave me Y/N, fuck I'm so sorry-" He pleads, following me to the bedroom, I sit on the end of the bed, sniffling as I try to compose myself enough to call someone to pick me up, but when Leon gets to his knees and places his forehead in my lap I know I can't leave him. I should. I want to. But I can't. I love him so much, even though he's ripping me apart, if I leave him I'll never be the same. So we've got to figure this out, because there's no other option. "Y/N." Leon whispers, his body shaking as he grips me.

"I need to you to change Leon." I swallow, his eyes meet mine as he listens, finally willing to make things right once more. "I need you to change," I affirm again, "I don't know how, but you got lost in the wealth, I understand it's so easy to focus on it and attain the life you've always wanted, but please don't leave me behind. Don't forget where we come from." I whisper, cupping his jaw as he nods and tilts his head into my touch.

"I promise Y/N, you're worth everything I own and more, if I lost you then none of this would mean anything. I only ever wanted to give you everything you deserve, I just wanted to see you happy and cared for." He murmurs, getting up to wrap his arms around me, kissing me passionately as I nod. Soon enough things get out of control, our clothes get discarded and we end up in bed, tangled together like we used to, with Leon whispering praises and promises to my skin as he worships between my thighs. When I pull him up and flip us over the groan that escapes him is more decadent than any wine I've ever tasted. When he slips inside of me for the first time in weeks I know that I can trust him, and when I ride him into oblivion we both link our pinky fingers together, swearing to always love each other before anything else- apart from our future child.

After months of torture, Leon does change. The cheaper dates make a come back, he donates more money to charities, opting to have less of it so he doesn't have to 'worry' about spending it on me. He hand picks flowers- though he does invest in a small flower farm just outside of the city where he gets them from- and he remembers his roots, proposing to me with his mother's old ring rather than spending millions on a new one. When I agree it's from a happier place, where my million dollar man and I remain hopelessly in love.