Obsessed

May 20th 2026
London, England

"Travis what are we doing back here again? We are meant to be going to Washington DC in a few days." Taylor asked incredulously, staring at the airport sign in front of her, displaying where in the world Travis had surpassingly taken himself, her and Luna on a trip for something.

WELCOME TO LONDON STANSTEAD 

It was ironic. Something Taylor had always said. Even though it said London Stanstead airport, it was technically in Essex, a neighbouring county of England. A car would have to take them on an hour long car ride to make into the city of London, the country's capital. But there was no reason for them to be back there. They had plans back in the US with friends in Kansas City before their trip to Washington DC to the White House to meet with the president for the annual White House visit post the Super Bowl Win and Taylor also had meetings organised with both the President and the Vice President and First Lady of America to discuss women's rights and the importance of voting rights. Their trip to London last time had been slightly tainted by the fact that they had run into Joe's mother Elizabeth. Whilst she hadn't exactly been unpleasant, quite the opposite in actual fact, Taylor still found herself broken and beaten by the fact that she still let that man affect her over three and a half years later. But she had to put that out of her mind and accept that they were here for whatever surprise it was that Travis had planned for them. She was sure and certain that Travis wouldn't intentionally do or plan anything that would upset her. He had seen how much she had been affected by it all and she knew that it hurt him too to see her like that. 

She strapped Luna into her car seat and climbed into the back of the car with Travis on the other side of Luna's carseat. Not even five minutes into the journey and she already felt sick. This had been a recurring pattern ever since they had been in Paris where they had gotten engaged. She had been feeling off and not feeling like she would normally feel. At first she put it up to the sickness bug that Luna had picked up from James and Inez, two of Blake and Ryan's little girls. Travis had caught it as well and all three of them at various points over a ten day stretch had been violently sick and had their heads crouched over various different toilet bowls in the house. Taylor and Travis found themselves sleeping in different bedrooms, most of the time with Luna with one of them who had decided she was going to refuse to sleep in her crib. Travis had finally given in by night two when he realised that he didn't want to be ill and sleep on a toddler's hard bedroom floor and so allowed her to come and sleep in their bedroom with him whilst Taylor quarantined herself in a guest bedroom despite catching the illness the following morning. 

However it had been almost two weeks since they had all gotten ill and she still felt awful. There were mornings where she wasn't sick but that had become a luxury that she had quickly lost. Even the, in the back of the car on what was a fairly straight run of highway for England, she felt as if she was going to throw up at any given moment.

"Are you ok babe? You look a little green." Travis asked, peering over Luna's enormous carseat.

Taylor smiled across at him, plastering on her fakest disposition in order to fool Travis. She had an inkling at what she thought might be happening. But she didn't want to get her hopes up, because if it was what she thought it was, their dreams would soon be coming true. Everything they had been hoping and praying for for the upcoming year would soon become fruitful, and Taylor would hate more than anything to get Travis' hopes up only to have the harsh situation of reality come crashing down to destroy them.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little travel sick. I always get like this after red eyes and I haven't eaten anything this morning. it's probably just a combination of that on top of this sickness bug we are all trying to get over. I think I will be ok when we get to the hotel." Taylor stated, reaching over to take his outstretched hand as she felt him squeeze it three times: their silent way of saying I Love You.