22

Soon Kara's condo was filling up with lots of women and lots of kids. "Hello Kara! How long till you're back home? We need to get together again!" A woman said. "I should only be here for another few months if all goes well Jamie! And yes I do agree we need to get together  as soon as we're back in Ireland. Oh Jamie this is my girlfriend Lena." Kara added as the dark haired woman put an arm around the blonde. "Pleasure to meet you Lena!" Jamie replied shaking her hand. "Pleasure to meet you as well Jamie." Lena replied. Out of the corner of her eye Lena saw a redheaded woman watching Kara with what Lena would describe as hunger in her eyes. "Well I'm gonna go catch up with Alex and Sammy!" Jamie added with a smile.

That's when the redhead walked over to them. "Kara! So glad to see you again! I've missed you las!" The woman stated. "And I you Addison. Addison this is my girlfriend Lena..Lee this is Alura's best friend Joyce's mom Addison." Kara explained. The woman shook hands. "Pleasure to meet you Addison." Lena said. "You too Lena." Addison replied. "Lee..I'm gonna go get the cake out..." Kara said kissing her on the lips before going to the kitchen. "So you managed to snatch Kara off the market? You must tell us the secret...there isn't a woman here who hasn't tried to get with Kara. Alas...she turned down all of us multiple times. So what makes you different Lena?" Addison asked.

"Don't know..maybe because I knew her before she left for Ireland. Perhaps our history had a part to play in it." Lena replied with a smile as she watched Kara pull the cake out of the fridge. "Lena! Lena! Come sing with us Lena!" Alura squealed running over to her. Lena picked her up in her arms before responding. "Ok darling! I'm coming! Are you ready for cake?" Lena asked. "Yes! Mommy said it was time since everyone had their pizza!" Alura stated as they walked over to the table. Lena sat down with Alura on her lap as Kara put the lit cake down in front of everyone before moving behind Lena and Alura.

As everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' Alex snapped a picture of the three of them together. Everyone had smiles on their faces in the picture. After everyone had a slice of cake Kara stepped away from the crowd to take her own pictures. "Kara? A word?" Addison asked pulling the blonde away. "What's up Addison?" Kara asked. "Why Lena? Why not any one of us? What makes her special?" Addison asked. "She never asked me out..she let me go after her. You all chased me knowing I didn't want a relationship right away, yet you kept asking. When I came back here I let Lena back into my life and we talked like we used to before and one thing led to another and we started dating." Kara replied.

Lena saw the interaction and decided to go check things out. "Kar? Everything ok?" Lena asked. "Yes darling. Has everyone finished their cake?" Kara asked. "Just about finished. Then are we doing gifts? Cause mines at my place still." Lena replied. "That's ok, you can bring it over later." Kara replied grabbing her hand in her own. "Alright...come on I think everyone's ready." Lena replied as they walked back over to the table. "Is it time for gifts mommy?" Alura asked. "Yes darling it is." Kara replied. Everyone gathered in the living room on the various sofas and chairs. Lena sat in a chair and gently pulled Kara into her lap as Alura sat on the floor with Alex and Sam. "Ok! First up is a gift from your friend Joyce!" Alex said as she passed the gift to Alura.

One by one the gifts were opened and 'thank you's' were said to everyone. Alura was extremely happy with all her gifts she received. Soon everyone left for their hotels and rental houses, leaving the family alone again. "Alura...there's one more gift for you..but it's at Lena's right now. She's gone to get it though ok?" Kara explained. "Yes mommy." Alura replied as she sat on the sofa. A few minutes later Lena came back in with a very large box in her arms. She gently sat it down and stepped back so Alura could open it up. "A doll house!" Alura exclaimed excitedly. "Yes darling! It was mine when I was a little girl, and now it's yours. Do you like it?" Lena asked. "Yes! I love it!" Alura replied as she hugged Lena tight. "You're welcome sweetheart! Here let's go and put in your room ok?" Lena said as she picked it up and walked it to Alura's room.