23

"That's some gift Lena gave Alura. Her own childhood dollhouse. That's something." Alex said with a smile. "It is indeed. Did you collect your money?" Kara asked. "Yep! Are you happy Kar?" Alex asked. "Yes I am. She..she makes me happy, she loves Alura and has already decided to come to Ireland with me when I return." Kara replied. A few minutes later Alura and Lena came back from the young girl's bedroom smiling. "Momma! The doll house is all set up! Lena even gave me her dolls from when she was a kid." Alura stated. "She did? That was nice of her. Did you thank her?" Kara asked. "Yes mommy!" Alura replied with a smile.

Alura ran off to play with her toys leaving the adults to talk. "So your friends from Ireland are very colorful." Sam says. "Oh..yea.." Kara replied. "How many times did they ask you out today?" Alex asked. Lena stood beside Kara with a jealous look on her face. "About ten times or so...but in Ireland one would ask me out every day. At school pickups, programs, science fairs. You name it. It got annoying after a while so I kept saying no over and over again hoping they'd catch the hint. But as you all can see they never got the hint." Kara explained.

"Well they do now. I'm pretty sure I scared them off today." Lena says as she put an arm around Kara's waist. "Indeed you did darling. Now...shall we clean this mess up?" Kara asked looking at everyone. "Yea." Alex replied as she and Sam began bagging up the wrapping paper while Lena and Kara began taking the decorations down and boxing them up. Eliza began bagging up the pizza boxes and cleaning the kitchen.

Alura was in her room playing with her toys when Kara came to check on her. Leaning against the doorframe Kara smiled as she watched Alura chatter away to her dolls. "She's having fun." Lena whispered as she approached the blonde. "Indeed she is. She loves that dollhouse." Kara replied with a smile. "Im glad. Everything's cleaned up out here. What would you like to do now?" Lena asked. "Let's go relax for a little bit. It's been a long couple of days and I'd just like sit back and enjoy the silence for a while with you." Kara replied with a smile. "Mmm..I can get on board with this Kar..." Lena replied as she leaned against Kara's chest.

They sat there together just enjoying the closeness and the quiet of the condo while Alura played in her room. "Kar..." Lena whispered as she shifted on her lap. "Hmm?" Kara replied. "Why did you keep turning them down all this time?" Lena asked. "Cause they weren't right for me. They couldn't hold a real conversation. All they cared about was that I was a pretty blonde woman from the states. They never saw Kara Danvers the woman, and single mom...They weren't you Lee." Kara replied.