Chapter 17

In the depths of a dark and sinister dungeon, two figures were bound by ropes, their bodies bearing the brutal marks of violence. Bruises adorned their skin like dark paint strokes, cuts marred their flesh, and blood seeped from myriad wounds.

The oppressive air was thick with a sense of impending doom, and the metallic scent of blood hung heavy in the damp underground chamber.

As the two prisoners lay in a state of semi consciousness, a sudden splash of cold water jolted them awake.

Groaning in pain and disorientation, they struggled to open their eyes in the dim light that filtered through cracks in the stone walls. And there, looming over them like specters of death, were the Adhiraj, Aarav, and Akshat.

Adhiraj, sat in a grand chair with an air of regal indifference, sipping wine as though he was at a lavish banquet rather than in the bowels of a dungeon.

Akshat, his cold gaze fixed on the prisoners, smirked with a sense of cruel amusement.

"Had a good sleep, Goenka's spoilt brats?"

Akshat's voice dripped with malice as he taunted the captives, relishing in their fear and helplessness. The realization dawned on the two prisoners that they had fallen into the clutches of the Raghuvanshi family.

Fear-stricken, one of the prisoners stammered,

"Wh-what have we done? Please, let us go. Our father will not forgive you."

But the laughter that erupted from the three brothers only served to deepen their dread.

Aarav, no less menacing, sneered,

"Do you think you're scaring us? You're the ones trembling in your own skin."

The prisoners quivered under the weight of their captors' disdain.

Adhiraj, his demeanor oozing with a sinister charm, interjected,

"As for your father, let me enlighten you. The fool is now scrambling to save himself from bankruptcy."

The color drained from the prisoners' faces as they comprehended the dire situation they were in.

Confusion and terror clouded their minds as they pleaded,

"But what have we done?"

Akshat's cold gaze pierced through them as he hurled a knife, which buried itself in one of the prisoners' shoulders. The agonizing pain tore a scream from his lips.

"You dared to cast lustful glances toward our wives. That was your first mistake,"

Akshat's voice was icy and unforgiving. The other prisoner, his voice trembling with desperation, begged for mercy, promising never to repeat their offense.

"we will not do it again please forgive us"

They laughed.

A chilling silence enveloped the dungeon as Adhiraj's voice cut through the air like a blade.

"You will not have the chance to repeat your crimes. You will not leave this place alive."

The gravity of their situation weighed heavily upon the prisoners as Aarav slashed another knife across the leg of the second prisoner. The chamber echoed with his cries of anguish.

"Your second mistake was daring to step foot in our home. Your beggar father had the audacity to raise his voice against our father, Randhir Raghuvanshi a man before whom even the bravest falter,"

Aarav's words dripped with fury and contempt.

As the prisoners writhed in agony and fear, Akshat's smirk widened.

"Now do you understand why you're here? You dared to cross paths with the Raghuvanshi family, and now you must face the consequences."

Adhiraj's voice resonated with a chilling finality,

"I have warned countless times not to provoke my family. But some fools like you refuse to heed the warnings. You leave us no choice but to mete out justice and teach you a lesson."

With a gesture, Akshat signaled to his loyal assistant, Vinay.

"You know what to do, Vinay,"

Akshat's tone brooked no argument. The fate of the two prisoners was sealed as the three brothers departed, leaving them to a grim and uncertain destiny in the dark confines of the dungeon.

As they made their way back to the Raghuvanshi mansion, a sense of unease lingered in the air. Upon their arrival, they were greeted by the sight Digvijay and Randhir, pacing restlessly, a storm brewing in their eyes.

"What happened, Dad? Is everything alright?"

Adhiraj's voice rang out, a mask of calm concealing the turmoil within.

"Where have you three been?"

Randhir's voice was sharp, his gaze piercing through their facade of lies.

Aarav mumbled, "We were at the office."

Randhir's voice boomed in the room, cutting through the tension like a blade.

"Don't lie to me. I know you weren't at the office. Where were you three?"

Adhiraj stepped forward, his voice steady despite the turmoil within.

"Dad, we were scouting a location for our next project, a seven-star hotel. It was purely business."

Before Randhir could respond, Digvijay intervened, his voice calm and soothing.

"Randhir, calm yourself. If they say they were working, then let it be."

Randhir's gaze softened slightly, but the worry in his eyes remained.

"And what about the Goenka's bankruptcy? Did you have a hand in it?"

Akshat's confession hung heavy in the air, shocking everyone present.

"Yes, we did."

Geetanjali, looked at them in disbelief. and said, "But why would you do such a thing?"

Adhiraj spoke,

"No one has the right to insult our father, to challenge him in his own home. The Goenkas overstepped, and we had to show them the consequences of their arrogance."

Everyone sighed as there is no point to argue.