Chapter 1

I met Dean when I was 6, freshly busted out of a bad foster home by a father I barely knew. Dean was surprised to learn of my existence, which spoke a lot to me about the level of importance I held to my dad.

What sealed the deal is how he left me with Dean, told him to train me and take care of me, and then he left. Nice move there, John.

Maybe it was a little passive aggressive of me to address him as John. I just couldn't deny the satisfaction that ran through me when it made his hands tightened and his teeth clench.

After the first few days of awkwardness we eventually grew close. Maybe it was the fact that I wasn't really a kid even if I was 6. A few years of foster care takes any of your innocence pretty quickly. Maybe it was the fact he missed Sam(not that I knew who Sam was at the time). We became friends through proximity and past life experiences.

As long as I followed his rules and trained when he said to, he even allowed me a certain amount of freedom.

I'm not saying he didn't have the almost suffocating protectiveness, cause man he did, but he didn't feel the need to chain me up in a motel room like some Disney princess.

Not like with Sam.

He eventually told me about my other brother. How he was smart and wanted a regular life. I constantly told him to call the dude or go see him, but he ignored me.

One day, we had a particularly emotional hunt where the monster had been targeting young mothers. We talked about our own childhoods that had ended too quickly.

It wasn't a bad life. I learned the ins and outs of Hunting from researching to the actually ganking. I met Bobby, who I adored within five minutes of meeting him. The grouchy old man was just really awesome.

I saw Mexico and the Grand Canyon and a million other things. Dean always made time to stop and let me see whatever "girly nature things" I wanted.

In turn, I showed him the backstreet record shops and classic auto places I knew. I met a lot of people throughout my years of moving house to house. With the hunting, my network grew.

Hunting brought me freedom.

I talked to Bobby and got set up on homeschool. Since I was technically classified as a genius, as long as I mailed my tests in I pretty much was free to study what I wanted.

Every now and then I had to put up with John, but it was a small price to pay.

The good life ended a little over a year later when John missed a check-in. And then another. And then another.

And then another.

Suddenly I was going to meet Sam, because Dean and I had no idea what to do.

Dean decided to break into Sam's house, on Halloween, in the middle of the night.

Yeah, I thought it was stupid as fuck too.

When the gigantic guy (I was going to assume was Sam) attacked Dean, I had to hold in a laugh.

After Jessica, Sam's girlfriend, walked in, I decided I should probably introduce myself.

"Dean, who's the kid?" Sam asked bewildered.

"Your sister." I answered bluntly.

"Wait- What?" His eyes widened. He looked at Dean. "How did this happen?"

"I'm gonna be blunt here Samikins. At some point, about seven years ago, our father had intercourse with my mom which resulted in offspring." The way his nose crinkled when I said intercourse made me decide Sam was absolutely precious. Like a six foot tall Golden Retriever.

By the end of the freaky ghost woman thing, I had to say I didn't mind calling Sam family.

When Jess burned on the ceiling I wanted nothing more than to hold him tight. I settled for holding his hand. I got a brief smile for my efforts and he became less awkward around me.

How we hunted changed.

Sam took on most of the research, which left me with a lot of free time. I spent it texting the variety of people and hunters I knew and passing along information. I kinda got stuck with a name "The Informant", which entertained me to no end.

I realized the lengths Sam would go for family when Dean was dying. Our mutual love for Dean is the thing that bonded us the most. Even if Dean felt guilty on just how he got healed.

I met Cassie and I liked her, even though I knew they weren't going to work out. I wished they had. Dean deserved all that so called "Apple-Pie crap".

And then Sam's visions started. Or my two idiot older brothers let it slip that Sam was having visions.

This led us to Max Miller, who reminded me of things I rather forget.

Then Sam had to go and get kidnapped.

Dean didn't show much mercy to the ones that took him. I didn't blame him at all.

Then came Chicago, which I wasn't there for. I had exams to study for, so I was at Bobby's. I'm glad I wasn't because that was a giant cluster fuck from beginning to end.

Then I was left at Bobby's for the next two months. I didn't mind. Bobby was cool and he let me read any book in his library. He expanded my knowledge on vehicles. He thought I should be able to fix my own car if I needed to. He also promised me if I fixed up a junker I could drive it.

Then came the car crash.

Bobby got me to Missouri faster than speed limits allowed.

It was strange to see Dean so still. Dean took up the whole room with his presence. It was shock to realize that Dean was only human too. He was always strong and looking after others. He would sacrifice anything for family. None of us deserved him.

Then Dean woke up and John died.

I didn't grieve like my brothers. I hadn't known John like they did. We barely spoke. I grieved for the relationship I could never have with him.

Dean wasn't okay, no matter what he said. Unlike Sam, I didn't push him. He let me help in working on the Impala even.

I went with them to meet the mysterious Ellen.