Chapter 13

Around this time Uncle Bobby got a job in the Caribbean. Kate and Adam were sworn to protect the house and I was to answer the phones.

Lucky dude, I bet it only took him a day and he spent the rest of the time on the beach. Uncle Bobby could be sneaky like that.

But anyway, Uriel then stated that Anna was not as innocent as she appeared.

The boys protested but the angels attacked.

Suddenly a bright light engulfed them and the angels disappeared.

The boys go to the room where Anna was hiding, and find that she has used her blood to draw angel banishing sigils on a mirror and use some spell against the angels.

That sounds extremely useful.

Sam, Dean, Al, and Anna tools refuge at Uncle Bobby's. Kate and Adam were sent to stay at Ellen's. I flat out refused to go. Dean and Sam knew better than to argue.

We put Anna in Uncle Bobby's safe room.

"Iron walls drenched in salt. Demons can't even touch the joint." Dean announced.

"Which I find racist, by the way." Al interrupted.

"Write your congressman." Dean said, and went back to ignoring Al.

Sam discovered that when Anna was a child, she claimed she had another father, who was mad at her.

Anna said she remembered nothing of this, so Dean got Pamela(somehow) to try and unlock her memories.

After a whole lot of activity, involving vibrations and weird noises, Anna stilled.

"Thank you, Pamela. That helps a lot. I remember now." She said, sounding calm.

"Remember what?" Sam questioned.

"Who I am." She said, as she sat up.

Dean and Sam looked at each other. "I'll bite. Who are you?" Dean said, looking back at Anna.

"I'm an angel."

Didn't see that one coming.

Sam interrupted with his nerd showing. "Wait a minute. I don't understand. So, angels can just become human?"

"It kind of hurts. Try cutting your kidney out with a butter knife. That kind of hurt. I ripped out my grace." She answered simply.

"That sounds painful." I mumbled.

Dean stopped. "Come again?"

"My grace. It's... energy. Hacked it out and fell. My mother, Amy, couldn't get pregnant. Always called me her little miracle. She had no idea how right she was." Anna clarified.

We decided to find her grace. An angel on our side could be useful.

Dean said, agreeing. "All right. I like this plan. So, where's this grace of yours?"

"Lost track. I was falling about 10,000 miles per hour at the time." She answered.

"Wait. You mean falling, like, literally?" Sam asked.

Sam tracked Anna's grace, which was mistaken for a meteor when she fell, to Kentucky, where an oak tree grew on the place where it landed.

Sam, Dean, Al, Anna, and I traveled there only to find it gone.

Winchester luck strikes again.

Anna then overheard the angels talking. She reports that if she is not handed over to them, Dean will be returned to Hell.

That night, as I soon discovered, Anna and Dean got it on in Baby. Which is extremely disgusting.

I have to sit back there!

Al went to a crossroads and revealed himself to Alastair. He offered to give up Anna, if Alastair will let the rest of us go.

He got captured and tortured with Ruby's knife.

He reported that he told Alastair he wouldn't reveal Anna's location verbally, but he would take him there.

Everything went according to plan.

Uriel appeared to Dean in a dream, taunting him, and revealed that he held Anna's grace in a necklace. He demanded Anna, said he knows Dean's weak spot, and offered him a choice.

Either Anna dies- or Sam.

Uriel and Castiel appeared to take Anna. As the angels are about to take her, an injured Al appeared with Alastair.

The demons and angels confronted each other and another fight ensues, during which Anna stole her Grace from Uriel and becames an angel again.

During the process, Alastair disappears. Uriel and Castiel leave.

The plan worked.

Anna and Al disappeared soon after that.

On the side of the road, Dean and Sam are having a beer while I have a soda.

Dean started to talk about his time in Hell.

"It wasn't four months, you know." He revealed.

"What?" Sam and I said, shocked.

Dean didn't meet our eyes. "It was four months up here, but down there... I don't know. Time's different. It was more like 40 years."

I knew this, but it was hard to hear about it. It'll be worth it. I keep saying in my head.

"My God." Sam exclaimed.

Dean continued, "They, uh... They sliced and carved and tore at me in ways that you... Until there was nothing left. And then, suddenly... I would be whole again... like magic... just so they could start in all over.

And Alastair... at the end of every day... every one... he would come over. And he would make me an offer. To take me off the rack... if I put souls on... if I started the torturing.

And every day, I told him to stick it where the sun shines. For 30 years, I told him. But then I couldn't do it anymore, Sammy, Princess.

I couldn't.

And I got off that rack. God help me, I got right off it, and I started ripping them apart. I lost count of how many souls. The-the things that I did to them."

Sam tried to comfort him. "Dean... Dean, look, you held out for 30 years. That's longer than anyone would have."

Dean started to cry. "How I feel... This... inside me... I wish I couldn't feel anything, Sammy. I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing."

I killed me that I did this. Broke him.

It was for the greater good. I tell myself.

It didn't help all that much.

One things for sure, Asstair's about to face the wrath of a Winchester.

A pissed off, female Winchester.