Chapter 18

Uncle Bobby agreed to stay and watch over Kate, Adam, Jessie, and I while the boys took Ellen and Jo to Carthage, Missouri. It was pretty cool before they left. Everyone ignoring what was coming. Ellen and Cas even had a drinking competition.

We all took a photo together before they left. A thing to remember anyone who didn't make it back.

I had such a bad feeling about this.

It turns out my feeling was right, because the Colt didn't work.

And Ellen and Jo were dead.

The glasses from Ellen and Cas drinking competition were still on the table.

The TV was on, showing a tornado; the captions read "STATE OF EMERGENCY, Paulding County" and "KOUA 16".

"Just received an update that the governor has declared a state of emergency for Paulding County, including the towns of Marion, Fetterville, and Carthage. The storm system has reportedly touched off a number of tornadoes in the area."

We were all gathered around the fireplace. Uncle Bobby held up a copy of the group photo.

"Death tolls have yet to be estimated, but state officials expect the loss of life and property to be staggering."

Uncle Bobby leaned forward and dropped the picture into the flames. We all stood and watched it burn while we remembered.

My family grew smaller today.

I stayed with Uncle Bobby for a while after that. Adam traveled with our brothers. Kate took care of us all. Jesse was still annoying, but he was growing on me.

Then the dead started to rise.

If that wasn't messed up enough, Uncle Bobby's dead wife came back to life.

Sam and Dean were surprised to see her as I was.

They came in in the middle of the night. I was awake because I couldn't sleep and I was helping Karen in the kitchen. Dean and Sam had just been bailed out of jail.

"Oh, hey. I didn't realize you were bringing company." She said, walking out of the kitchen. Kate was staying at motel, feeling awkward. Adam decided to keep her company. Jesse and I were just trying to stay out of her way, even though she was really nice. Jesse said she felt dead to him and I was just freaked out that until a few days ago she was dead.

It bothered him so much he contacted Gabriel to do some training.

"It's four a.m., babe. You didn't need to cook." Uncle Bobby protested.

"Oh, please! I'll get some more plates." Karen said with a smile.

"Who was that?" Dean asked, confused. I guess Uncle Bobby hadn't told him yet.

"Karen. My wife." Uncle Bobby answered.

"Your new wife?" Dean questioned.

"My dead wife."

Dean was won over with pie. "This is incredible, Mrs. Singer." He said, digging in.

I gave the woman props, it was good pie.

"Thank you, Dean." She said, beaming,

Sam frowned at Dean and gave him a pointed look.

"What? It is." Dean said.