Chapter 9

Dean's last year passed by quickly.

Too quickly.

Soon enough, he was being ripped apart by Hell Hounds while we watched and could do nothing. It was just another thing to feel guilty about. Another nightmare to add to the pile. But certain things had to happen. This was one of them. Soon enough they would be okay.

That's what I hoped for anyway.

Sam left me at Uncle Bobby's, not being able to deal with life without Dean. I felt for him, but I didn't let that last long.

After Uncle Bobby had gone to work on some cars, I dialed a number and put the phone up to my ear.

"It's time. You know what to do."

Then I went on about my day.

On a night in late August, my call paid off.

That night, Uncle Bobby was gone to help a hunter on a case.

I got a text. "It's been done."

I was standing in his backyard waiting when Crowley appeared, followed by two minions holding a brunette.

"You must be Ruby." I said with a smile. It wasn't a pleasant smile.

"I brought her like you asked, Flower." Crowley said with a smirk.

I walked up to Ruby, who flinched and I dug through her pockets. I pulled out a knife.

"Ruby. I have it on good authority that you're leading my brother astray."

"I'm just trying to help him!" She protested.

"Shut it." I said. "I know you're working for Lilith. I know what you're trying to do. I'm here to stop it." She looked at me wide eyed.

I shoved the knife through her chest.

I looked at the knife and pocketed. A demon killing knife was bound to come in handy.

"One step closer to the end game." I said to Crowley, once his lackeys were gone.

"One step closer to me on the throne." He said with a smirk.

"Better you than the Devil." I replied.

I called Sam and said I needed him. My acting skills paid off, because he said he was on his way.

When Uncle Bobby arrived I explained some things to him.

"Sam's addicted to what?!" He exclaimed.

"Demon blood. It's not completely his fault. He wasn't doing okay, not at all, and Ruby took advantage." I said with a sigh.

"Balls." Uncle Bobby sighed too.

"I've got a plan." I admitted.

Even though Uncle Bobby was reluctant, he agreed that my plan was probably for the best.

Sam arrived two days later.

He came in carefully.

"Six? What do you nee-" he started.

I cut him off. "Sorry, but this is for your own good Samikins."

Uncle Bobby, who had been sneaking up behind him, nailed him with a tranquilizer.

He went down like a six foot tall sack of bricks.

"What this idjit been eating?" Uncle Bobby grumbled, as we drug Sam to his safe room. We might have hit his head against stuff a few times. The guy was freaking heavy.

We locked him in there and went to lunch. We worked up an appetite.

Sam was locked in there for three weeks before he finally got everything out of his system.

He missed my 9th birthday.

We finally let him out when we were more than 100% sure he was done detoxing. During his stay we manage to convince him that this was not the way to go.

He decided to stay with me at Uncle Bobby's. He organized Uncle Bobby's collection and helped out hunters.

On September 18th, the day I had been waiting for arrived.

"Flower, Big Bro Winchester has been touched by an Angel." Crowley texted me.

I smiled, brightly.

"What's made you so happy?" Sam questioned, looking up from his book.

"You'll see."

A few hours later we heard a commotion.

"Bobby! It's me!" I smiled. I knew that voice. Sam was frozen.

"My ass!" Uncle Bobby yelled.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Your name is Robert Steven Singer. You became a hunter after your wife got possessed, and... you're about the closest thing I have to a father. Bobby. It's me."

Sam and I made our way to the door engulfed Dean in a hug.

Our brother was back.

We were seated in the living room when Dean said, "So tell me, what'd it cost?"

"What?" Sam asked blankly.

Dean looked at him seriously. "Don't act stupid, Sam. To bring me back. What'd it cost? Was it just your soul, or was it something worse?"

Sam looked at his hands, defeated. "I tried everything. That's the truth." He looked back up. "I tried opening the Devil's Gate. Hell, I tried to bargain, Dean, but no demon would deal, all right? You were rotting in Hell for months. For months, and I couldn't stop it. So I'm sorry it wasn't me, all right? Dean, I'm sorry." Sam looked close to tears by this point. I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze.

Dean calmed down. "It's okay, Sammy. You don't have to apologize, I believe you."

Uncle Bobby looked between all of us, "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Sam's soul remains intact, but it does raise a sticky question."

"If he didn't pull me out, then what did?" Dean asked.

I raised my hand sheepishly. "I may have an answer to that."

Everyone looked at me with a surprised expression.

"But first you need to know what's been going on around here." I continued.