Chapter 12

Sam and Dean, or those lucky bastards as Adam called them, got a case in Pennsylvania.

During Oktoberfest.

I'm led to believe this involves a lot of beer and nearly naked women. Adam got on his knees and begged his mother to be allowed to go. He was harshly denied and pouted like someone kicked his puppy.

Adam and I got past our awkwardness. We bonded over being John Winchester love children and through our love of crappy reality TV. Like I always say, crappy reality TV brings people together.

We binged watched The Real Housewives of Orange County until 2 am one day. Uncle Bobby was convinced we were possessed and Kate eventually made us go to bed after we hadn't blinked for 30 minutes straight. It sealed our bond.

He wasn't such a bad guy. He even told me he wanted to go to med school. I convinced him to give Sam and Dean a chance.

Later that month, while I was studying hard for a physics test and Adam was studying for a Biology exam, we got a call from Sam that Dean was acting strange.

Uncle Bobby diagnosed it as Ghost sickness, in which a spirit literally infects a person with fear, which intensifies until the victim's heart gives out.

Apparently, the victims had all used fear as a weapon during their lives, which Sam summarizes as, "they were all dicks." I'm not entirely convinced that this isn't just an illness that the Trickster made up.

Uncle Bobby theorized that if the ghost that started the infection was destroyed, the sickness should clear up.

Uncle Bobby and I met Sam at the wood mill with two hours to go before Dean's heart was set to give out.

More important, Uncle Bobby revealed that he was fluent in Japanese.

"You speak Japanese?!" Sam and I exclaimed.

Uncle Bobby answered "Kimi ga umareru mae kara zutto dayo."

Not important, but I later googled this and found out that this means: "(I've) always(known Japanese) since before you were born."

He also identified this Luther guy as a Burubur, which can be killed with fear.

Sam lured Luther out of hiding by destroying his drawings of a guy named Jessie O'Brien.

He then wrapped an iron chain inscribed with a spell word around Luther's neck, while Bobby dragged him behind the Impala until he dissipates -- a "terrible" plan that everyone hated, but we felt it was our only option.

Luther was finally dispatched by Sam and Uncle Bobby and we ended the infection.

Dean was defensive when we asked him if he was okay. "I'm fine. You want to go hunting? I'll hunt. I'll kill anything."

I couldn't hold in my laugh. "Sure you can. Maybe we should start calling you Princess." He glared at me.

"Awwww, he's adorable. I got to get out of here. You boys drive safe." Uncle Bobby said, as he and I got into his truck.

The real crazy shit went down the day before Halloween.

I didn't hear about it until later, because I convinced Adam to take me trick or treating. Kate took a picture and Uncle Bobby made us promise to be careful. I'm pretty sure that picture was getting circled around our friends so they could coo at how adorable we were.

It was still really fun. The last time I had gone trick or treating was two years ago. Dean had taken me in some ritzy suburban neighborhood. Little did we know, the neighborhood was built on an Indian burial ground. It ended with a ghost trying to kill us and Dean swore to never take me again.

I was dressed as a ghost, which was the only thing we could come up with on such a short notice. I didn't mind. Adam stayed beside me the whole night and we laughed at how inaccurate some of the costumes were.

Later on we split the candy and watched horror movies until we passed out.

I almost felt normal.

Then we met Anna.

It started when Crowley informed me that a woman called Anna Milton was being pursued by demons.

In a text.

"Crazy named Anna Milton escaped from a lunney bin yesterday. Lilith's minions seem pretty desperate on finding her. Apparently, some real heavy hitters turned out for the Easter-egg hunt."

Thanks Crowley.

I called my brothers and they took off to find her, despite Dean's reluctance because we were going off a demon's info.

He sent a lackey off with them, a guy named Al, which really pissed Dean off.

Al came in handy when he took Anna to safety when a demon named Alastair appeared.

Dean and he were old acquaintances. They got to know each other great in Hell. Torturer-to-victim. I noted the name. He was gonna get offed before he could hurt my brother again.

I knew what it was like to know that a person who hurt you was out there. That they could come back anytime they wanted. I would give Dean some peace of mind.

Al, possessing a maid, passed them the address of a cabin where he left Anna, told them to exit through the bathroom window, to leave Baby, and then he left.

Shortly after, Sam and Dean met up with Anna and Al at the cabin. When they sensed someone approaching they assume it was Alastair, and the demon asked Sam and Dean where the knife was.

Of course they have to tell him that it was lost in the previous fight with Alastair.

However, to their surprise, instead of a demon, Castiel and and an Angel named Uriel appeared and demanded that they hand over Anna.

Castiel announced, "We're here for Anna... she has to die."

Okay...