Chapter 7

I woke up in a unfamiliar house.

I was immediately on alert. I scanned my surroundings.

I was in a medium sized bedroom. The walls were painted a soft green. They matched the comforter I was wrapped in. There were posters all over my walls and a pile of stuffed animals and dolls in the corner next to a doll house.

A knock came.

"Lilly!" A familiar voice called. "Are you up?" I froze.

A dark haired women with bright blue eyes opened the door. Mom.

My Mom.

Who had been dead for about four years.

"Lilly it's not like you to sleep so late." She said with a smile.

I wanted to cry.

"I didn't sleep so good last night." I instead answered sheepishly.

"I just wanted to tell you breakfast was ready and that your brothers will be here for Saturday." Her smile dimmed when she said 'brothers'.

"Sam's bringing Jess. They said they have a surprise." She smiled brightly and left the room.

"What. The. Hell?" I said out loud.

I decided to go along with this all for now. I opened my closet door and found it full of dresses. Most of them in pink.

I stared. "No way." I went to a drawer and found some jeans and a t-shirt that had ACDC's logo on it. It was a little big, so I assume I slept in it or something.

I pulled on some sneakers and made my way through the hallway. I opened doors until I found a bathroom. I went ahead and assumed that the My Little Pony toothbrush was mine.

I stood at the top of the stairs until Mom walked out of the dining room and motioned for me to come on.

I glanced at the pictures on the wall. There were lots. I saw the face of everyone. Uncle Bobby, Aunt Ellen, Jo, Ash, Dean, Sam, Jess, and John.

I made my way into the kitchen and saw Mom and John sitting next to each other holding hands. I noted the wedding bands on both of their hands when Mom took a sip of her coffee.

I took my seat and quietly ate my breakfast.

John looked at me strangely. "Are you alright Bug? You're awful quiet."

"Just didn't sleep good last night." I answered.

Mom looked worried. "Do you feel alright to go to school, Honey?" She put her hand on my head. "You do feel a little warm."

I moved away from her hand. "I feel fine."

John glanced at his watch. "I gotta head to work. Dean's probably already there." He gave her a quick peck on the mouth and me a kiss on the head.

This was so fucking strange.

"No dress today Lilly?" Mom asked when she took in my outfit.

"Didn't feel like it." I answered.

Mom grabbed a backpack by the door that was probably mine and took one last sip from her coffee cup.

"Let's go before you're late to school."

We went outside and walked up to a silver SUV.

I started to climb in the front.

"What do you think you're doing?" Mom asked me with sharp eyes.

"Uhh-"

"Lilly we've been over this, you're too little to ride in the front. I don't care what your father saids."