Chapter 3

What brought us to Springfield, Ohio was the case of a skeezy professor falling, jumping, or mysteriously being pushed through a window.

Skeezy is my description of him once I saw his picture.

Dean didn't seem to appreciate my input.

Whatevers, he and Sam were fighting like an old married couple. It was making him more obnoxious than usual.

Seriously, they were not the old, cute married couple. Like the kind where you can just tell they're waiting to die so they can escape.

Dean gave me $20 bucks and told me to entertain myself when they went to go investigate. He told me I could head next door to an arcade, but go no further.

This was a bit different from our usual procedure. He usual just told me not to talk to strangers and to carry my knife. I guess these new regulations were for Sam's benefit. Sam still looked like he wanted to protest just letting me wonder around but in the end he didn't say anything.

Dean should really know by now I'm not good with boundaries.

So I was wondering around by myself in a college town. Which was such a safe thing for an 8-year-old to do.

I ended up giving my money to a homeless dude. He looked hungry. I did my cute impression, with big eyes and a trembling lip, and made him promise he would use it to buy food. He looked like he was going to cry and I knew he would stick to the promise.

This led to me being bored. So I decided sitting upside down on a park bench was the solution.

With all the blood rushing to my head, I didn't notice the guy sit beside me until he spoke.

"You're a little young to be going around by yourself." A short guy in a janitor's jumpsuit said. He was eating skittles.

I didn't bother to move and said with a serious expression, "I'll have you know I'm a Little Person, sir. I'm 38-years-old."

I finally sat up and was slightly dizzy from the blood rush.

"My bad, Miss. You look incredible well for your age." He said with a grin.

"My secret is sunscreen." I replied.

The guy held out his bag of candy.

"No thanks. I'm not suppose to take candy from strangers after The Las Vegas Incident." I said seriously.

The guy raised an eyebrow. "Sounds serious."

"It ended well enough, in my opinion. My brother thinks different."

It isn't my fault the Mob got involved. Dimitri was very nice for an assassin.

"Older brother?" The guy said it like he knew the pain of being a younger sibling.

"I've got three. My Dad thought I didn't know about the other one." Poor Sam and Dean still didn't know about Adam. He was nice enough.

"Three?" He said in disbelief.

"Yep." I said with a sigh. You know the sigh, if you've ever had an older sibling. "I love them, but sometimes I just wanna stab them 53 times in the chest and then move to Rio under an alias and train dolphins."

The guy laughed. "That's really specific Kid, but I know what you mean. See my oldest bro, he's a real suck up. Always got to stick to what our Dad says. Then my next bro acts out like a little kid 'cause he's jealous. Then my third is just an all around d-bag."

I saluted him. This guy knew the struggle.

Then my phone rang. It was Dean.

"Six, where are you?" He questioned.

"In the back of a van about to be traded for crack." I answered.

"That's still not funny." He replied.

I knew what was coming. He was so predictable I could mouth the words.

"I told you not to wonder off from the motel. You know better than to-" blah, blah, blah.

Ever since Samikins came along, he was getting more protective.

"Dean I once spent three days at a drug lord's compound because he thought you were undercover DEA. By the end of it we were playing Super Mario and you were running around like you were stupid. Now, if I could handle that, do you not think I could handle taking a walk by myself."

The guy beside me was dying with laughter.

"Who's that beside you!?" He asked anxiously.

I sighed, you know the sigh, and hung up.

I turned to the guy. "Well my master beckons."

He smiled. "Kid, I like you. It was nice chatting."

"You too mysterious, random guy." I waves and walked back to the hotel.

Little did I know who I had just chatted with.