Chapter 11

It was later in a diner when shit went down.

We were minding our business, trying to eat dinner and discussing events prior when a waitress revealed herself and everyone else to be possessed by demons.

"Dean. To Hell and back. Aren't you a lucky duck." She snarked.

"That's me." Dean laughed.

Yeah. We Winchesters just had all the luck.

"So you get to just stroll out of the Pit, huh? Tell me. What makes you so special?" She said next.

Dean, of course, replied, "I like to think it's because of my perky nipples." Let me just say, ewwwwww. That's a mental image I never wanted. "I don't know. Wasn't my doing, I don't know who pulled me out."

Then she threatened to toss him back into the pit.

To which Dean said, "No. Because if you were you would have done it already. Fact is, you don't know who cut me loose. And you're just as spooked as we are. And you're looking for answers. Well, maybe it was some turbo-charged spirit. Or, uh, Godzilla. Or some big bad boss demon. I'm guessing at your pay grade that they don't tell you squat.

Because whoever it was, they want me out. And they're a lot stronger than you.

So go ahead. Send me back. But don't come crawling to me when they show up on your front doorstep with some Vaseline and a fire hose."

And Dean's balls grew two sizes that day.

We start to leave, little did anyone know I was playing a recording of the exorcism the whole time. About a second after we hit the door. Sulfur and black smoke went everywhere as people hit the ground.

Dean and Sam high five me.

"Good thinking, Princess!" Dean laughed. It felt great to be called that again.

We wake up to a piercing screeching sound. Dean's heard it before, he said it happened when he crawled his way out of his grave.

We contacted Uncle Bobby and decided once and for all to know what was doing this. You know, since they didn't believe me about the angel thing.

We met up at an old barn and spray painted every protection symbol Uncle Bobby and Sam could think of. A few they didn't were added by me.

We stood tense. Uncle Bobby and Sam had shotguns cocked. Dean had his hand on the knife I got off of Ruby.

We did the summoning.

A middle age dude in a trench coat appeared. He had piercing blue eyes and messy black hair. He looked like a tax accountant.

Sam and Uncle Bobby shot him with rock salt. Dean stabbed him. No effect. He placed his hand toward Sam and Uncle Bobby and they fell to the ground unconscious.

He didn't even look at me.

"Who are you!" Dean yelled at him.

"I am Castiel, Angel of The Lord. I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition."

I'm totally saying I told you so later.

Dean snorted. "Yeah. Thanks for that. Right. And why would an angel rescue me from Hell?"

Castiel stated solemnly, "Good things do happen, Dean." This guy has a lot to learn.

Dean looked him in the eye. "Not in my experience."

Yeah, not in mine either.

Castiel looked back, "What's the matter? You don't think you deserve to be saved?"

Dean didn't answer and instead said, "Why'd you do it?"

Castiel looked every bit of the Angel he was. "Because God commanded it. Because we have work for you."

Was I the only who could see the sexual tension? Oh yeah, unconscious family.

It was three days before we all accepted Angels were real. It only took being attacked by a bunch of spirits.

It started out regular enough. I was watching tv, making a sandwich. Just generally chilling and going about my day.

And then I saw my Mom. The one who's been dead for years.

I didn't move.

"You know it was your fault I died." She said with a sad smile.

I stopped breathing. She's right, my mind whispered.

"I would never been on that road if you would've shut up for once." Why am I such a brat? I couldn't help but think.

She walked toward me. Black spots started appearing. Sam ran up and hit her with iron, she disappeared. He grabbed me in his arms.

Next thing I know, we're all in Uncle Bobby's safe room.

Uncle Bobby figure out what to do. I was still recovering from a panic attack.

Rising of the Witness. A seal.

Lilith's broken it.

My family decided for Adam, Kate, and I to stay in the basement. None of us protested. I had no desire to see my dead mother again, Kate wanted her son safe and somebody had to supervise the children.

They did their thing and the ghosts were gone.

I made a call. As Adam and Kate were asking questions.

"Can you meet me? We've gotta talk."

Some days went by and then Dean walked into Uncle Bobby's kitchen one morning and told us all about his trip through time.

Adam and Kate were still having a hard time with all of this. Kate knew things existed, but she never realized how much. So, Uncle Bobby and Sam decided to educate them so they could be prepared. Dean and Sam even took them on a salt-and-burn before they headed off to Carthage, Missouri to deal with a Rugaru.

Kate started working at a local hospital. Uncle Bobby was researching.

This left me with Adam.

We were sitting silently on the coach, watching tv when I said, "You ever hear about the time Dean and I went to Mexico?"

He turned and shook his head.

I smiled.

I knew the perfect way to bond.