3.Sex as a band-aid 🔞

Warning: the captere contains adult content🔞

Sol tapped her index finger against the arm of her chair a few times and said "Have you considered that it may be better for everyone involved...the child, too...if you separate?"

both becky and freen felt uneasy with the question and deep down they both knew what was the best option for everyone involved.

becky glanced over at her wife and she met her eyes for an instant before they both looked away.

"I don't want to raise a child without her," freen said, her voice very soft.

And that was all freen said. Not that she wanted to get back to normal with becky, not that she wanted to rebuild their relationship. That she wanted becky around to help raise their child.

For not the first time, becky caught herself wondering what would have happened if freen hadn't found out she was pregnant.... or if becky hadn't called her that night, just longing to hear her prerecorded voice.

Sol dry-washed her face with her palms.

"I'll take you on if you decide you want that," sol said, after a silence that made becky heart ache.

"But I need to make a few things clear before you make that decision...This is going to be hard. It might be one of the hardest fucking things you do in your entire life."

freen and becky both glanced up at sol, startled by her casual use of profanity.

Sol didn't react to their surprise.
"It's going to take work From both of you and I don't put up with bullshit, either. I get that you're angry with each other... And I know that what you've just told me is the tip of the iceberg.
But this is marriage counseling. My goal here is to get the two of you into a more healthy relationship.

It won't be perfect.

It will never be the way you remember it...maybe eventually it will be better, it will surely be different, but it won't be perfect, and it will never be as it was again. You need to accept that....

Every damn morning, when you wake up and look at that other person, you're going to have to remember that you're starting over again.
Every day is a fresh one, a new start, and every morning you have to look down at that ring on your finger and remember what you promised that other person.
And some days it will be a miracle that you get through without killing someone... I'm not saying either of you will ever forget what you're going through right now, but the important part is moving past it, and that's what we're going to work on."

Sol looked straight at freen.
"You want to be a good mother to the child you'll have in a few months, but ... do you truly want to work on your marriage?"

freen took a deep breath and nodded. "Yes," she whispered.

"Even after what becky did to you."

becky gaze went to Sol, her eyes widening, but freen nodded again. "Yes," she said even more softly.

"It sounds like you came very close to walking away from your marriage, becky.... Do you want to work on it?"