16

Liked by ElizaGarcia and 375,976 others

NovaCaponetto: Happy Heavenly birthday to my big brother, Missing you so much Lorenzo.

                                     sempre e per sempre fratello

Comments:

Creator turned comments off

Today was going to be harder than his last 3 birthdays, this year I was in a city on my own rather than surrounded by my family. I called Eliza and my mum this morning but its not the same as being there. Me and Mason have continued to work together the past few weeks but never addressed the situation. Anytime he brings it up I change the subject. Today was one of them days that I didn't want to see anyone so I booked it off work and I have locked myself in my house and I'm watching all our old family videos reminiscing on the old times. I had received messages off Mason, Rashford and a bunch of other people that I had met through Mason and Marcus but I ignored everyone and laid in a blanket I let my eyes drift off into a deep sleep.

I wake up a few hours later to banging on my door I jump up and rush to open my door.

"Nova! I have been worried sick, you haven't answered your phone in hours." Rashford walks in and takes himself to my kitchen to get a drink while lecturing me on the importance of replying to him. 

"I really didn't want to talk to anyone today, I just needed the day to myself."

"Too bad, what's on the tv?"

"I was watching old home videos from our childhood to before he passed. They are quite sweet makes me feel like I'm at home."

"Ohhhh you were so cute, your bond looks so strong. Mason was worried too you know."

"I fell asleep I didn't mean to worry anyone,"

"You should message him and let him know you're okay."

"We're not excatly having casual conversations at the moment, Can we just sit and watch these videos and reminisce?" I really wasn't in the mood for anything else. 

"Sure have you eaten yet? I'm ordering pizza so just wanna know if you want anything?"

"Can I have a margherita pizza please?" Rashford always knew how to make me feel better, for the rest of the night we sit in silence, eating pizza and watching old videos. 

It had started to get late and Marcus had fallen asleep on my couch so I placed a blanket over him and was about to head to bed when someone knocks on the door.

"Mason, what's going on? Its nearly midnight."

"You haven't answered me all day so I came to see you."

"I haven't answered anyone," I invite him in to talk because it's freezing outside, we head to the kitchen so Marcus can sleep in peace.

"What happened between us we were friends and now you're shutting me out? And don't change the subject this time."

"That day you went on a date changed everything, I wasn't mad at you for doing it but when I saw the article I was about to call to tell you I had feelings and ask if we could talk when I got back. I had no right to be annoyed but we never even got to talk about where we were going. You asked to take it slow so we did then you go out with someone else. It hurt me. You hurt me. I never told you because I didn't feel like I had a right to feel like that." Mason stood in silence not knowing what to say.

"Nova, I didn't even realise that you would be upset about that I should have thought."

________________________

A/N I hope you enjoyed this chapter.