Chapter One

Ouran was so big and over the top, fancy. The map wasn't much use, looking like a diagram of the human nervous system.
"Okay... Class 1A is this way?" I asked myself and looked down an empty corridor then back to the map. "This way?" I turned in the opposite direction to face an identical, empty corridor. Screw the map, I'll find it on my own.

I suppose this is a good time to introduce myself. My name is Risa Hajime and my folks are really successful investment bankers. They paid for my scholarship to Ouran Academy while they do some business work in who knows what country.

They supplied me with plenty of money to live my life alone here in Japan. To buy a house, food, bills and anything else when necessary.

I'm not trying to be ungrateful but I really hate being rich. Just the word 'rich' makes me shiver. The way commoners live and work really intrigued me. They have some really cool tricks to saving money and using it wisely so I thought I'd give it a try. Turns out, it's awesome!

My parents were expecting me to buy more expensive stuff like a mansion to live in because I could buy the whole city of Paris if I wanted to with the money they gave me. But instead, I bought a typical commoner house and secondhand car, saving the rest for more important things like food.

So I live alone in a two bedroom house, living the life as an ordinary person. Ouran was chosen by my parents because they wanted me to have the best education money can buy. The education was the only reason why I agreed to Ouran over a public school. Now the intro's are over, let's begin with the story.

"What's a beautiful, young woman doing in the second year class corridors?" I turned my head to see who the voice belonged to and I was met by, quite possibly, the hottest boy I've ever laid eyes on.

He had a very princely face, light purple eyes and silky blonde hair that reached the bridge of his nose.
"I'm looking for Class 1A but I'm new here and I have no clue where to go." I replied sheepishly.

The boy gave a charming smile and said,
"The first year classes aren't far from here. This way." His voice sounded so kind that I felt obliged to follow him.

"What's your name?" He asked.
"Risa Hajime." I replied, looking around to take in the scenery. "You?"
"Tamaki Suoh. Pleasure to meet you."
"The pleasure's all mine." I smiled and we continued walking until we stopped at a door with '1A' printed in beige on it.

"Here you are. I hope to meet again Miss Risa." Tamaki winked before heading back down the corridor we came. I definitely want to see him again. He seems like one of the popular boys of the school.

The moment I opened the classroom door, all the chatter that was heard from outside instantly stopped and I felt everyone's eyes on me.
"Class, this is our new student." the teacher smiled brightly. "Care to introduce yourself?" She asked, gesturing me to the front of the class with her arm.

"My name is Risa Hajime... I recently moved here from Australia. My parents travel a lot so I've lived in a countless amount of countries, learning the languages as I go. I'll be living in Japan until I'm eighteen unless some sort of blip happens."

Everyone awarded me with a minor applause as I went to the only available seat in the class.

I sat next to a girl wearing a boy's uniform and behind a fiery red haired boy. The fact that the girl chose to dress like a boy doesn't matter to me whatsoever. So long as she's a nice person, who cares?

"Hi, I'm Haruhi Fujiyoka." She smiled, holding out her hand. I shook it and returned a smile.
"Nice to meet you." I said.
"Australia, huh?"
"Before that, it was Greece then America and hundreds more." I laughed. "Have you ever lived abroad?"
"Nah. I don't have a passport." she replied, shaking her head.

Strange. If she's wealthy enough to be enrolled here, then surely she can afford a passport.
"Why don't you get one?" I asked.
"Can't afford it. I'm an honour student."

Ah, commoner. My bad.
"Between you and me, I can't stand the rich so I guess we could get along?" I asked and Haruhi smiled and nodded enthusiastically. Yay, I just made a friend.