Chapter Thirty

We ended up going back to school a week later so we had a lot to catch up on. At least I had Kaoru to help me in a few of the languages and in return, I helped him in the more academic subjects like chemistry.

My arm doesn't hurt as much as it used to so that's good, and for a 'welcome back/get well soon celebration', Tamaki-senpai has organised a party at his house. That's a really cool idea in my opinion because its been a while since we've done something like that together.

However, I'm not really down for going. As nice as it is, the anniversary of Rinda's passing is on the same date and it's a day I'd like to be by myself. Maybe light a candle in her memory.

On another note, Luke is making good progress with the video thing. He's not as bothered as he used to be and less and less people are watching it, as far as I know.

He was also transfered to one of my classes because of some other students not taking kindly to him about his sexuality. I care very deeply for equal rights in LGBT+, sexism, racism and all the others. Which is why I took Law and Politics to study here.

I could become a lawyer like Haruhi, that'll be good in the long run and it's a very good pay. I think Hikaru and Kaoru are going to join their father in computer software because its one half of the family business and they're both great at computer science.

"You okay with this?" Kaoru asked me. We were in French class, one of my worst languages to study.
"Um, not really." I said, fiddling with my pen. He looked over onto my paper to find where I was stuck.

"Ah, you're supposed to invert that verb." He said, pointing at where I went wrong with his pen. "And because it's feminine, it's une, not un"
"How are you so good at this?" I asked as I fixed my mistakes.
"Just a flare." He shrugged. "You know more languages than me, how are you so good at that?"

"I guess I'm just a good listener." I smiled.
"But seriously, five languages?" He chuckled as if I were making it up.
"Unbelievable, I know. I don't even know how I managed it."

At the club, everyone greeted Kaoru and I with a big smile and open arms. We weren't at the club for about three weeks so it was good to be back.
"Risa-chan!" Honey beamed at me with his big, brown eyes and pulled me over to his station of the club.

"I missed you so much." When he stuck out his bottom lip, I melted on the spot.
"Awe, I missed you too." I cooed and hugged him with one arm.
"Does it still hurt?" Be asked, looking at my cast.
"A little." I nodded. "Three weeks until it comes off."
"Counting down the hours." Kaoru pitched in, not sounding too enthusiastic.

When the girls started arriving, almost all of them headed for the twins. They had been deprived of the brotherly love act for too long, it's like a drug. It stole the show from Tamaki-senpai, they were so popular that day.

"Hi, stranger." I smiled, seeing Luke enter the club.
"It's good to see you back here." He said, sitting next to me. "It's not the same without you."
"Thanks." I smiled sweetly. "So, are you here a for hosting?"

"Nah, you're taken, I don't do the whole love affair thing." He laughed. But he didn't hesitate to rest his head on my shoulder.
"Well, aren't you sweet."

We just talked casually, no intimate behaviour, like childhood friends catching up. When I first met Luke, he was barely able to speak to me without shaking or feeling nervous. But now it's like we've known each other for years and we could tell each other anything.

Other than Rinda and the twins, he has to be the best friend I ever had. He bought me a freaking bouquet, for heavens sake. Before I know it, he'll be writing me poems and soliloquies, haha. But seriously, being friends with Luke is probably one of the best things to achieve.

"I've always wondered about your name. You and your family are Japanese so why 'Luke' of all names?" I asked, striking conversation. Like I said, we can talk about anything.
"My parents were trying to be unique. But all that ended up with was not being able to find my name on customised items in gift shops." He laughed under his breath.

"I feel you." I replied. "And I've been to a hell of a lot of gift shops."
"Why 'Risa'?" He asked.
"I don't know but I heard it was one of my nannies that named me, not my parents." Rinda told me that. Apparently one of our babysitters were friends with our mother and it was her that named us.

"That's really harsh." He frowned. "Did they not love you or something?"
"It didn't seem like it." I shook my head. "I don't even remember which nanny it was, we had that many."

"Who's 'we'?" He asked. Oh God, not down this route again. Me and my big mouth. I'm not going to hide it this time, it's easier just to say it.
"Rinda." I said quietly. "My late sister."
"Oh... I'm sorry." He replied. "Older or younger?"

"Older. By five minutes." I said.
"Oh, a twin." He nodded. "Identical?"
"Yep." I said, popping the 'p'.
"Wouldn't it be weird if she ended up with Hikaru and you with Kaoru? Twins x Twins." He laughed.
"That did, actually cross my mind at some point." I laughed along with him. "I could imagine our kids looking alike too." That would be so weird!

"Don't say anything, but I may have a tincy bit of a crush on them." He admitted, going a little red in the face.
"No way." I laughed.

"Way. So can I have Hikaru so long as you have Kaoru?" He asked, jokingly and it took all I had not to laugh. Not at him, of course.
"Sorry but Hikaru likes girls."
"I know." He replied as if it I didn't know it was obvious. "I'm admiring from afar."

"I guess that means you're over me then?" I asked.
"Yeah, you were right. As beautiful as you are, you don't get my motor running." He said. "No offence."
"None taken" I shrugged. "So, what about Kashio? What's going to happen to him?"

"He's been expelled. I don't know why or how I fell for him, I just did." He replied, trying to find the right words.
"Waste of space." I snorted.
"I wouldn't call him that." Luke quietly spoke.
"Why not? Any girl or guy would be lucky to have you. What he did was just unforgivable."

Luke silently nodded in agreement. "I know the truth hurts but in the end, that's how you grow." I smiled genuinely and wrapped my arm around him for comfort.
"I'd rather not go but would you like to join the club for a 'welcome back/get well soon' party?" I asked, trying to be nice.

"Sure, if you're offering but why don't you want to go?"
"It's the same date as Rinda's anniversary. I thought it would be better if I were to spend it alone." I replied, trying not to sound too depressed.

"I think that's the last day you'd want to spend alone. Why can't the whole club join you?" he asked, naturally curious and shocked.
"The thing is, no one else knows about her other than the twins and you. I don't want a lot of people knowing, its too personal." I explained. I know keeping Rinda a secret is disrespectful to her but I care about myself too.

"Fair enough, but it doesn't have to be just you." He smiled, placing his hand on my shoulder.
"I'm very sorry, but the club is closing now. Please come again tomorrow." Tamaki announced above everyone, followed by unsatisfied moans and groans by all the guests.
"See you around." Luke waved before leaving.

As much as what he said was true, I'd rather be by myself and grieve than all the club see me cry.

2000 VIEWS?! You've got to be kidding me, I was not expecting this. And the story isn't even over yet. You guys are the best, thank you !!!