Chapter Twelve

People started coming in at about five to order food rather than sing. The twins and I were enjoying another Hooch each and just talking about whatever came up.

"Do you guys believe in spirituality?" I asked.
"You mean the soul, karma, reincarnation and stuff?" Hikaru replied before taking another mouthful.
"Yeah, more or less." I shrugged.
"Not really." He said and we both looked at Kaoru for him to answer.

"I wouldn't say no but I'd like some evidence." Kaoru said, setting his empty bottle on the table. "Why?"
"I think that you two are awesome proof." I said, also finishing my bottle.

"Really?" The twins asked in unison, looking at each other with confused expressions.
"Think about it." I began.

"Scientifically and genetically, you're the exact same person because you have the same D.N.A but your personalities are very different.

You can't blame that on the two of you growing up in different environments because you never left each other's sides. That, I think is where the soul comes in." I explained and put my feet up on the remaining fourth chair around the table.

The twins were completely speechless and couldn't decide whether to look at me or each other. "I take it you've never thought of it that way." I said.

"Karaoke requests are now open! Write your name and song choice on the paper provided!" The DJ announced through a microphone.

"Brb." I smiled then went to write down my name and song.
"You wanna sing now?" The DJ asked, noticing me writing.
"Sure." I replied and handed the slip of paper to him.

"Alright, the first singer of the night is Miss Risa Hajime!" He announced after he read the slip and guided me on stage.

A few claps came from about half the room, the other half were socialising. It's a public karaoke night, its not like I was expecting anything different.

"Today's a winding road that's taking me to places that I didn't want to go... Oh.

Today in the blink of an eye, I'm holding onto something and I do not know why... I try.

I try to read between the lines, (try go look in your eyes), I wanna simple explanation to what I'm feeling inside,

Gotta find a way out... Maybe there's a way out...

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer, do you know you're unlike any other?... You'll always be my thunder inside,

Your eyes are the brightest of all the colours, I don't wanna ever love another. You'll always be my thunder. So bring on the rain, bring on the thunder.

Today I'm on my own, tell me where to start and tell me something I don't know... Oh.

Today I'm on my own, I can't move a muscle and I can't pick up the phone...

I don't know...

And now I'm itching through the tall grass, longing for the breeze. Need to step outside just to see if I can breath.

Gotta find a way out... Maybe there's a way out...

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer, do you know your unlike any other?... You'll always be my thunder inside.

Your eyes are the brightest of all the colours, I don't wanna ever love another, you'll always be my thunder So bring on the rain...

Yeah, I'm walking on a tightrope, I'm wrapped up in vines, I think I'll make it out but you just gotta give me time.

Strike me down with lightning, let me feel you in my veins. I wanna let you know how much I feel your pain...

Today's a winding road that's taking me to places that I didn't want to go... Oh.

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer, do you know you're unlike any other?... You'll always be my thunder inside.

Your eyes are the brightest of all the colours, I don't wanna ever love another. You'll always be my thunder inside.

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer, do you know you're unlike any other?... You'll always be my thunder. So bring on the rain...

Oh baby bring... on the pain and listen to the thunder..."

Thunder by Boys Like Girls

A bit more of an applause came from the room after I finished. I felt a little good about myself, not messing up or getting stage fright.

I gave the mic back to the DJ and joined the twins again, each with another Hooch.
"There're other drinks." I laughed.
"Once we get sick of this, we'll get something different." Said Kaoru. "You were really good, by the way."

"Eh, just for fun, right?" I shrugged. "I'm not saying you should go bananas but there are hundreds of drinks to try." I said and went up to the bar. "Vodka and coke please."

The tender looked at me with suspicion, probably because of my age. Nonetheless, he gave me the drink anyway.

"Try this." I said holding the glass to the twins. Hikaru too the first sip and choked on the taste.
"How is that even considered a drink?" He scowled and took another mouthful of Hooch to wash it down.

Kaoru and I chuckled at his reaction and Kaoru was next to try it. He squinted his eyes adorably and pursed his lips, easily showing his disliking.
"Uh... Not my favourite." He choked. It took all I had to not laugh.

"You can't half tell you've never drank before." I smiled, holing back my laughter. "Why don't you two do a duet?"

Hikaru instantly covered my mouth with his palm at the idea.
"Don't ever suggested those things." He warned and I licked his palm that was still over my mouth. "Ah, gross." He frowned and removed his hand to wipe it on his clothes.

"Please, its no different from a kiss." I folded my arms at him. Hikaru didn't reply and looked away, taking another mouthful of Hooch. "Hikaru?" I said, tilted the top half of my body to meet his face again.

"What?" He snapped.
"You haven't had your first kiss yet, have you?" I asked, sympathetically and a shade of pink dusted itself on his cheeks. "It'll happen one day." I assured.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks, Hikaru, I enjoyed tonight." I smiled when we made it back to the house.
"A-Any time." He said and made his way up the stairs. "Night." He called back to Kaoru and I.

"You're going to bed without me?" Kaoru pouted, sticking out his bottom lip. Are they seriously doing the brotherly love act at home?

"It's alright, Kaoru, we'll see each other in dreamland." Hikaru smiled sweetly and continued to their room.

Kaoru looked back at me with my eyebrow raised after Hikaru disappeared into the room.
"What?" He asked.
"Seriously?" I chuckled.

"Jealous?" He smirked cutely.
"Shut up." I giggled and we both went upstairs to change.

"Are you sleeping with us again?"
"Thanks but no thanks, I'm okay on my own." I assured and we hugged each other, goodnight.

"You really were great on stage." He smiled.
"It's not like I had a choice but thanks anyway." I smiled back.
"You really are learning quickly."
"If you've been thrown around as long as I have, its easy to go with it." I laughed. "Night."
"Night."