Chapter Three

As expected, Tamaki's house was huge. The walls were painted ivory white and the roof was made of bronze coloured tiles with solar panels. Over the door stood a balcony held up by two marble pillars which stood on a patio porch. How rich is his family?!

"Why don't you want to be alone with your grandma?" I asked as we entered his front door.
"I'm not her favourite person..." Tamaki replied sheepishly.
"Bit harsh. I'm sure she loves you."
"...Hold that thought." he smirked.

Inside Tamaki's mansion was just as big. Maybe bigger. The carpet was a bright red colour, leading to a wide staircase that parted into two smaller sets of stairs going in opposite directions. From one side, walked an old woman wearing a dark purple kimono and a pink obi. Her head was held high but she angled her eyes to the floor, completely ignoring Tamaki and me as she walked past us.

"Konbanwa, Mrs Suoh." I bowed, trying to be polite. "My name is Hajime Risa. It's a privilege to meet you." She continued to ignore me, not even slightly turning her head in my direction like I didn't exist. Rude... "Is she deaf?" I asked Tamaki, hoping that was an excuse.
"She heard you." He nodded. "She just has some social issues."

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here." the woman snapped.
"Risa spoke first, grandmother." said Tamaki.
"I didn't ask for attitude, boy. I order you to stay out of my way this week, do I make myself clear?" She snarled, making Tamaki step back and look down, shadowing his eyes behind his hair.
"Yes ma'am." he confirmed and she huffed in reply then continued walking into a nearby room...What a delightful woman...

"I see what you mean." I said.
"Just ignore her and you'll be fine." Tamaki assured me with a smile. "How'd you like Honey-senpai?"
"I nearly died of adorableness." I joked followed by a chuckle from Tamaki. Pretty soon, we started having a really good, friendly conversation.

We were talking about our lives abroad. Tamaki in France and me in France and everywhere else, when I got the feeling that we were being watched. "Excuse me for a sec." I stood up from his living room couch to the door and opened it.

"Can we help you ma'am?" I asked Tamaki's grandmother who was leaning against the wall. She was obviously eavesdropping and refused to answer me.
"Is there anything you need, grandmother?" Tamaki asked solemnly.

"I need you to send your companion home. You'll be as good of a head of this family as you are at picking friends." she snarled, emotionally slapping me and Tamaki hard across the face.
"Isn't that good?" I asked shakily.

"I've known the Hajime family for a while. I can clearly see why they abandoned their daughter here. You aren't worth the effort." Usually, I don't take offence about me and my parents but this was different. It felt like I'd been shot in the chest.

"Grandmother, apologise." Tamaki scowled as he held out his arm in front of me for protection.
"Leave her, senpai." I said quietly and he stepped away. "She's just jealous that I'm young and pretty." I tried to laugh.

"Why, you little_" The woman held up her arm and was about to slap me but I grabbed her wrist before her hand could make contact with my face. "Let go of me, outcast!"

I sunk my nails in her wrinkly skin and looked at her, fighting back the tears.
"I you walk away after I let go... I'm willing to forget this happened." I clenched my teeth together, slightly loosening my grip.

She snatched her arm out of my hand and rubbed the nail marks I made in her skin.
"Disgrace to society." and walked away, upstairs.
"Sorry." I said, looking down and I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Don't be. You're more brave than I am." Tamaki smiled and gave me a side hug. I really enjoyed being in his company. He's like a farther figure that I never had. "Is it true that your parents abandoned you?"

I shook my head and said,
"It's not important."
"I won't force ya. But if you ever feel like it, I'm all ears whenever you need to." He gave a warm, charming smile which I returned and we continued to hang out in the living room.

Tamaki was a really nice person. It's a shame is grandmother was like that. What could he have possibly done for her to be so cruel?

Dinner was gourmet lobster with garlic butter and lemon. I'm not gonna lie, being rich has it's benefits. Tamaki and I sat with a couple of seats between us while his grandmother was way at the other end of the table, ignoring us like she's the only one in the room. I pray that she doesn't hang around too often.

"Risa, you're familiar with the life of a commoner, right?" Tamaki asked as he finished his mouthful of food.
"Yeah, why?"
"I have a small favour to ask."