Little Bump

Jace stood over the painted table in the great hall of Dragonstone he was going over his high valerian his mother had been assisting but she had been called away for other business leaving him alone at the large painted table featuring the map of Westeros. The sound of tender steps breaks him from his concentration and when he looks up he sees a beautiful sight that fills him with joy

About halfway down the steps to the hall, walks Lady Y/n, his wife. She wears a gown of blue velvet with black and silver details the colours of his house name Verlaryon. Her hair pushed back with a blue ribbon across the top of her head like a hairband, she's barefoot as she waddles slowly her hands on her baby bump "I'm not... Interrupting, am I?" She gasps in the middle as she gets her breath from the stairs

Jacaerys quickly hurries to her. "Y/n, my love!" He kisses her gently on the forehead, then moves a loose strand of his wife's hair out of her face. "How has your day been, beloved?" He brushes her soft curls back from her cheek.

"it's been slow, getting to the kitchens takes me half an hour these days" she chuckled as he helped her to the fireplace

"I can imagine. You are carrying our child, after all." He places a hand protectively on the small swell of her abdomen. "Are you feeling well?"

"he's kicking away again. Always kicking."

"Ah, our son." Jacaerys smiles at the thought of the new life growing in her womb. "I cannot wait to hold him in my arms."

"I'm sure you can't, I cannot wait to see my feet again" she joked

Jacaerys laughs and sits down beside his wife. "I wish I could relieve your burden of pregnancy, however. For your sake more than my own."

"I know you do" she smiled stroking his cheek "Remind me, to avoid your mother from now on"

Jacaerys chuckles and sighs. "My mother cares very much for you, but she can be... difficult."

"she simply wishes to tell me stories, and her tales bring me little comfort. Of the pain. Of the stress. Of the loss. The injuries. I think she thinks she's helping... Honestly, she's just scaring me."

Jacaerys nods sadly. "I know she means to reassure but..." He places a protective hand upon his wife's belly. "My Mother's words may be dark but they contain a kernel of truth. The birth... will likely be painful. It is a fact we must both accept."

"yes however this is our first child, she could at least attempt to offer kind words of sympathy"

Jacaerys sighs, looking at her with concern. "Perhaps... but my mother doesn't quite understand. It is not her fault, love. She has experienced so much pain and loss in her own life that I do not truly think she knows how to offer comfort."

"I guess not. I suppose it doesn't help... There are so few good birth stories in this family of yours"

Jacaerys nods silently. "You're quite right about that. It's almost as though the Gods themselves have cursed the women of my family..."

"well I pray to them daily. So we can hope they shall spare us from this curse"

Jacaerys smiles and kisses her on the cheek. "If anyone deserves to be spared, my love, it is you."

"ummm I have been praying to all of them, the old gods, the new, the seven, the drowned, just to hedge my bets"

"My sweet wife..." He sighs happily and strokes her stomach softly, his free hand finding hers. "Perhaps you are right in doing so... We shall know soon enough, my love. Whatever the Gods' judgement may be."

she nodded "Maester says Only a few more weeks at the most."

Jacaerys smiles as he feels his son kick through her stomach. He grows every day, "I'm sure. Can you feel how strong he is?" He squeezes her hand fondly.