A Familiar face joins the hell

Earlier that day, the Human realm...

We now cut back to the human realm, before Octavia opened a portal, and people are going about their business such as daily routines or just hanging out.

Speaking of which, we shift our focus to Ryuji walking along the sidewalk in Shibuya central street.

Wait, why are we focusing on him? What about Ren?

Well then, you're about to find out.

This young man was looking for Ren, wondering where he could have gotten off to.

Ryuji: Where the hell did Ren go off to? I sure hope Futaba gets some information soon...

Ryuji soon comes to a four-way stop at the corner of a sidewalk. He sees that the crosswalk has a red hand signal to indicate it's not safe to walk yet, and waits patiently for the light to change.

Once the hand changed to a green person walking, Ryuji began to walk across the crosswalk toward the other end of the street, and cars began moving.

As he did, multiple sparks and crackling sounds were heard, and Ryuji turned his head in time to see something appearing in the air in the center of the street.

Ryuji: What the?

Before he could identify what it was, it exploded!

The explosion blew him back, as well as shattered the windows of multiple cars, causing the vehicles that were currently moving during the green light to crash into other vehicles, and sometimes poles. For Ryuji, while it blew him back, and off his feet, he suddenly stops in mid-air for a moment before he was suddenly sucked right into whatever caused the blast.

Ryuji: WOAH WOAH HOLY SHIEEEEEEE-

In a flash of light, he was gone, and all that remained were injured drivers as well as multiple vehicle collisions.

...

Hell, Pride Ring, unknown hotel...

Back in the depths of hell, we now shift our focus to a rather bizarre-looking hotel with multiple structures that seem out of place on the building. Odd structures such as a yacht with old-fashioned sails, a steampunk-like zeppelin, a marry go round, a small locomotive, and a small radio station on the very top hanging over the side.

 Odd structures such as a yacht with old-fashioned sails, a steampunk-like zeppelin, a marry go round, a small locomotive, and a small radio station on the very top hanging over the side

The sign above it says "Hazbin Hotel", which is apparently the Hotel's name.

Inside, the hotel staff are doing whatever routine needs to be done. This isn't much, considering that the demons of hell think that the idea for this hotel specifically is a joke. The idea of course is to redeem sinners so the yearly cleanse can stop. We'll get back to that later.