the phantom thief

Hell, Pride Ring...

Joker's POV:

After I had, admittedly, bawled my eyes out after what had happened back at the studio, I just sat where I was with my back against the wall of the rooftop's doorway entrance, knees up with my arms resting on them, and my head hanging down.

I wasn't alone though. Besides Shadow Narukami inside my head, the four shadows are still here. It's just that no one has bothered to say anything yet.

It wasn't completely silent, however. Aside from whatever was going on down below in the city, the shadows occasionally looked at each other and talked with each other as they stood around me.

I take a deep breath and exhale tiredly. As tired as I am, I don't feel comfortable sleeping out in the open. Especially with a bunch of demon girls on my ass. So I decided to strike up a conversation with Shadow Narukami since he's been as quiet as I've been.

"Yo... Yu." I said.

'Yes?' Shadow Narukami responds.

"Did you know you could summon your shadow friends?" I asked.

'No, I didn't know. Well, not before the fight with the Vees. Before I summoned them, I felt a new instinct kick in. So I did what my gut told me to do, and summoned these guys So I'm just as surprised as you are.' Shadow Naruakmi explained.

"Oh... so, are they our familiars or something?" I asked.

'Pretty much. I mean, they were just summoned out of the smoke we make.' Shadow Yosuke said, pointing out the obvious.

I whistled to get their attention, and all four turned towards me.

What's your name?

Yukiko: I'm Yukiko Amagi

Ken: I'm Ken Amada and this is Koromaru.

Koromaru barks happily.

"Cute" I said.

Chie: I am Chie Satonaka.

Mitsuru :And I am Mitsuru Kirijo.

Joker: Mommy...

Mitsuru: What?

Joker: Huh?

Jesus Christ Ren, you can fuck her later! we got important things to do!" Shadow Yosuke said.

"Alright alright, settle down. Someone might be here." I said in a tired voice.

Speaking of tired, I don't think I've slept regularly since I've been down here. I've only slept like that once, and that was with Moxxie and Millie. Any other time was me being tranquilized. Man, I hate that.

I'm getting off track.

"Alright, lads, we... fuck I forgot what I was gonna say," I say, sighing annoyance.

Suddenly a bright beam of blue Aura, followed by the sound of thunder rolling, can be seen shooting straight into the sky, and I could also sense the sheer magnitude of power coming off of it from the distance. The others sensed it too, because those four were immediately spooked.

"What the fuck is that?!" I exclaimed in shock.

'I don't know. But whatever it is, it feels... destructive.' Shadow Narukami said.

...

Earlier, at the Goetia palace...

No one's POV:

Stolas can be seen walking into the living room, having just returned from the room where Paimon and Blitzo's bodies are. He's carrying his grimoire, so he most likely did something with it while he was in there.