023

𝟬𝟮𝟯 ; 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡

as your maids meticulously finish applying your makeup, your brother can't help but comment on your elevated appearance

as your maids meticulously finish applying your makeup, your brother can't help but comment on your elevated appearance. "i've never seen you so dressed up," he remarks, observing the transformation. makeup wasn't typically your thing, but your maid's insistence coupled with the allure of the upcoming ball proved irresistible.

"me either," you reply, a touch of self-awareness in your tone.

the maids, their faces alive with excitement, eagerly discussed the evening's festivities and their plans to adorn you in finery. with news of your newfound beau, their determination to ensure your radiance knew no bounds. while you welcomed the attention and the prospect of looking resplendent, it also meant being sequestered away from the company of the boys until the grand event commenced.

"oh, you look positively radiant, ms. chwe!" mrs. kwak exclaims, deftly adjusting your hair with practiced precision. "when is mr. jeon's limousine arriving to whisk you away?" she inquires, her gaze meeting yours in the mirror. you return her smile, a sense of anticipation rising within you as the hour of departure draws near.

your brother sat beside you at his small desk, engrossed in solving math puzzles. occasionally, he'd seek your advice, but for the most part, he tackled the problems on his own. watching him work, you couldn't help but feel a swell of pride; you had played a role in nurturing his intellect, shaping him into the bright young mind he was becoming. despite his pleas to accompany you to the ball later that evening, you gently reminded him that it was far past his bedtime, reluctantly dashing his hopes.

"it's time to put on your dress, dear," you announced, rising from your seat and making your way to the adjoining room. you had specifically requested a deep, almost midnight-hued purple gown, a deliberate choice to complement your boyfriend's attire. junhui had suggested matching in pink, but you politely declined, citing your discomfort with the color, despite its ubiquity in your daily uniform.

"ms. chwe, your limousine has arrived!" a maid's voice echoed from downstairs, breaking the quiet atmosphere. you exchanged a glance with mrs. kwak, who approached you with a delicate mask in hand, adorned with intricate details. she offered it to you with a warm smile, followed by a heartfelt hug. "have a wonderful time, dear," she whispered, her sincerity evident in every word.

 "have a wonderful time, dear," she whispered, her sincerity evident in every word