Summon the King

Albus still remembered the first time he met Jasmine 'Jazz' Evans. Though she was a housewife, she was formidable and extremely sharp witted. She immediately pegged him as a manipulator but at least he meant well. After all, all master strategist have to be able to manipulate the people around him, be they allies or enemies. She had written him after he rejected Petunia Evans' letter inquiring him to let her attend Hogwarts, believing that perhaps she have magic but maybe she just needed something to 'awake' it. She thanked him for being honest and direct though not unkind.

She then psychoanalyzed him simply from his handwriting.

She even knew he was gay and suspected that he was in love with the previous Dark Lord.

Albus had never felt more exposed in his life. That was when he knew that Jazz Evans wasn't someone he wanted against him. He had even asked her about Voldemort and she immediately recognized the Dark Lord as a psychopath. From his childhood 'trophies' that he won from torturing his fellow orphans in the orphanage to his silver tongued charisma that won him so many blind followers to the strings of murders that seemed random but wasn't, she easily knew that Voldemort was not an easy enemy to face as only his fear of being known and stripped off of his masks that stopped him from confronting Albus directly.

Perhaps news about her reached Voldemort and he feared her as he feared Albus, thus making her a target of his ire especially since she was a Muggle and should be powerless. Beneath him. Yet her ability to strip off masks caused him to be wary of her. Nothing is more fearsome to liar than the truth, and Jazz Evans have a way to bring out the truth even from the dead.

Still, he did not expect for Jazz to ask him about necromancy. At first he thought that she wanted to summon her daughter but then she was looking at Harry. She did mentioned that she have problem reaching someone. Someone powerful that can keep Harry safe and not be cowed by magic, even if the caster was Voldemort himself.

He watched as she introduced Lily and James to Harry, allowing them a moment of reprieve as Harry sat before their graves, whispering soft words to them, greeting and asking why they have to go. He let out his grief about Petunia Dursley, finally opening up about the horror of growing up there with no one to hit him for venting. Albus listened as Harry shared horrifying stories and he wondered if Harry would have grown into an uncontrollable Obscurus before he could even attend Hogwarts.

Nothing was sadder than an Obscurus after all.

Jazz joined him, "I need to contact someone from the other side. I don't know if your ghosts can reach him. The ghosts I knew and grew up with and the ghosts that Lily explained to me are too different. For one, your ghosts are more shade than proper ghosts. I am also unsure if your people have ever even met a real ghost,"

Albus frowned, "What is a real ghost to you?"

Jazz watched as Harry grew more animated at telling the story about a spider in his cot that he befriended, hoping that they weren't black widows, and explained, "Ghost I knew are solid. Capable of eating and are more than just silvery shades that could not interact with the world. They are capable of harming others and can grow more powerful the more they feed their obsessions. Obsession is another thing that your ghosts lacked. At least, in the manner that I knew. The ghosts I knew are also capable of anything that ghosts are able to do. Flying. Disappearing. Teleportation. Phasing through solid objects. Possession. Shape shifting. Vocal projection and I don't mean singing. I mean the ability to howl or screech so loud they can level a town,"

Albus could not imagine such a ghost, "I have never met such a ghost. Even our school's poltergeist can only do so much like holding objects or moving them without touching. But I have never heard of something like shape shifting or screaming loud enough to topple a building. Break a glass or the window? Perhaps. If they try hard enough. But vocal projection the way you told me? My dear, if the Unspeakables ever heard of such a spirit,"