A Khaos-tic Christmas

Harry was simply glad to be home and he let it be known by playing the piano. Ron sleepily came into the music room and sat on the sofa, listening to Harry play. He was used to all of Harry's odd nuances. Growing up being his friend, he realized that Harry was just a guy with weird interest and too much ideas in his big brain. He looked to the side to see Luna joining Harry with her silver flute. Personally, Ron knew nothing about music but he did enjoy it whenever Harry decided that music was the best method to express himself.

After he finished on the piano, he looked at Ron, "Want to swim? I haven't swam in ages!"

Ron shrugged before frowning, "But it's snowing?"

Harry grinned, grabbing Luna's hand and taking her along, "The swimming pool is warm!"

Ron followed, "I don't have a swimwear on me, Harry,"

Harry offered, "You can borrow mine!"

And that was how Ron found himself and his brothers soaking in the warm swimming pool in the backyard of the Shrieking Shack. Ron have always been a little envious of the space Harry get growing up. But then he remembered where they were and that envy shriveled like a dried plum. The ghoul in the attic at the Burrow was already bad enough. He didn't want to live knowing that ghosts used his home like a highway.

Danny came out with a tray full of meat. George and Fred crowed in excitement at the sight. Ron sighed as he climbed out, wrapping himself in the thick fluffy bathrobe that Harry had lent him, "Can I help you?"

Danny smiled at Ron and Ron tried not to think too much on how uncannily perfect that man's face was, "Sure. Grab that box there. Want to learn how to season the mundane way?"

Ron curiously looked at the box as he carried them, reading the name on the top of the bottles of spices. Sure, he grew up with great food that his Mum cook, but Molly cooked with magical aid. Not that it taste any worse than normal cooking, it was just other than for punishment, he and his siblings were never allowed in the kitchen. He handed the box of spices to Danny and watched as the man sharpened his knives.

Fred and George joined them and Danny warned them, "No playing with my spices, boys,"

Within the next hour, the smell of grilled meat filled the air and they were enjoying some really great steaks. Ron even learned something new; cooking was fun. Watching Danny turned slabs of raw red meat into delicacies was an experience. No wonder Harry liked barbecues. His friend did mention that his Dad was the best at this!

He looked at Harry to see him laughing with Luna. Ron smiled at that, knowing that those two connect at a level that he couldn't. Although Harry would accompany during free times at Hogwarts, he was always busy writing this down or that down. Ideas that flew over Ron's head, no matter how he tried to listen. He just couldn't wrap his mind around the things that Harry liked pondering about. Though he do understand that there were things in the mundane world that would make his childhood growing up a bore.

Just look at the fun room.

He just knew that his Dad would be spending the rest of his life there, trying to understand how things work. In that regard, Harry was a lot like Arthur. They liked taking mundane things apart and see what they can do with it using magic. Although unlike his Dad, Harry have a solid purpose behind his dismantling. Something about an ongoing project he and Danny have been going through?

Either way, Ron will support his friend...even though Harry's eccentricities can be frustrating to follow at times. Especially when he decided to take Ron to see the hippogriffs lazing about just beyond the low black walls of his home, "Harry!"

Harry huffed, "They are fine, Ron! Just don't blink!"

Ron watched as Luna, barefoot Luna walking on snow without flinching, stepped before the leader of the hippogriffs and maintained eye contact before curtsying like a proper lady witch from historical books and plays. Harry grinned when the leader bowed back and stepped closer so that Luna can pet his head. He looked at Ron, "Come on, Griffin! You're supposed to be a House of Courage!"