She Made Sure Of It

Jazz smiled at Albus as the man visited her just as the snows started to thaw. She can feel her time running out but she wanted to give her little family one last gift. Something that she and Albus have been experimenting on. It was only his experience as an alchemist helped with this little project of theirs. She didn't want anyone to be able to contest Danny and Elsa's claim on Harry when the story of his adoption comes out.

When.

Not if, but when.

Danny already started on the adoption papers. He had been busy in his office figuring out the papers and had even worked with Clockwork to prepare a sort of history of his family. Basically, he was an existing person in the magical world. At least, he forged such a history by time travelling. Naturally, he avoided causing too much problem or changes that will affect the history of the world. She had heard this discussion with Clockwork when the Ancient visited them.

Danny's name, Dante Melinoe Khaos, made it perfect for him to 'join' the Roman Empire when they were occupying the British soil. That made him extremely old and can be considered 'Most Ancient and Noble' for the magical pureblood elites of Britain. However, due to his appearance never changing, Danny settled at being misunderstood as a vampire. And everyone know that the older a vampire was, the more powerful they were. This would certainly give him a leg up against anyone that would dare use the Creature's Law on him. Even so, the fact that he can walk around in daylight in the middle of summer would certainly give people pause.

Albus handed her the much awaited box of the most perfect gift she could ever prepare for her little brother's wedding and his wife, "I actually had a visit from a certain clock loving spirit. He showed me the exact way of creating this particular potion before destroying my notes. In his words; some knowledge are meant to disappear. I am a little upset but I understand," He pointed at his head, "My memory regarding the creation of this potion of ours are also missing. I am simply left with the knowledge that I made it and that it will work. Nothing more,"

Jazz chuckled, "It must be jarring for you,"

Albus nodded, "It felt very violating. But I recognize power that must never be contested when I see it," He sighed, "I asked him some questions but he told that everything might be side way here but all is as it should be," He chuckled, "I came out of that encounter feeling like an ignorant child once more. I have not had such a feeling since...well, since everyone decided that I am the next Merlin,"

Jazz smiled, "A reality check, Albus?"

Albus laughed, "A much needed one. I had made a reputation of knowing many things while most were just very lucky guesses and deduction from studying human nature. But the downside of that was people think that I could have done more had I known that it would have ended badly. I had long given up defending myself as people will think what they want to think. At this moment, I am still celebrated as a hero. But once things go wrong, all they will see is my manipulation and lies, regardless of the fact that the rule of thumb is to fool my friends so I can fool my enemies,"

Jazz hummed, "I heard horror stories about your enemies. In world where a mind can be invaded and read, where faces can be stolen, where freewill can be enslaved, trusting someone during a war is a suicidal decision. I can see how frustrating and lonely that road is," She looked at you, "But you don't care, do you? As long as good prevail and the future preserved,"

Albus sighed, "On contrary, Jazz...I cared too much. And that is a weakness of mine that have been exploited one too many times," He then asked, "How is Harry?"

She grinned, "Being a trouble making 4 years old, of course! The funniest part is that he is actually a good child but his curiosity and adventurous can get the better of him. I am just fortunate that he is reasonable compared to most other children. I am also glad that his true personality is shining through, especially now that he made a friend closer to his own age that is also a human,"