Harry's Prerogative

Harry watched as Elsa taught him how to draw an apple. He can draw a simple one with crayon but he wanted to draw something better. Nanna wasn't great with drawing. Not with her shaking hands. Uncle Danny draw like him but Harry think he was just trolling him since Harry had seen him draw complicated things before. With lots of lines and numbers. Hmm...maybe Uncle Danny can't draw without his rulers?

Elsa was the only person he could turn to. He just wanted to make Nanna happy. But somehow that turned into an actual art class. Elsa taught him how to choose his colors, how to paint depth, and many more things about art that he didn't know. Now, the pretty boring painting of flowers that Grandpa Gandalf gave Nanna looked more interesting as he tried to apply what Elsa taught him about drawing onto figuring out the painting.

Though she have yet to teach him how to make butterflies fly all over his painting like the one that Nanna have.

"Harry, are you listening?"

Harry nodded, "Shadow and lighting are important when drawing something lifelike,"

Elsa smiled, "Correct. Very smart of you,"

Harry tried not to feel so pleased but it was getting harder and harder after that evening with the snake. He tried to think she was lying but the more he watched her, the more he realized that she wasn't. She didn't act any different with him whether his family was there or not. She didn't lie about him to Uncle Danny or Nanna. She never raised her hand no matter how frustrating he gets. If anything, Uncle Danny was the one to give him corporeal punishment.

Oh, he didn't hurt Harry like Uncle Vernon. His butt might feel sore from the spanking but they weren't blue and bruised or even bleeding. Uncle Danny only hit him hard enough to feel pain but stopped the moment Harry started crying. After that, instead of starving Harry and locking him in the supply closet, he had Harry kneel down on his legs and held his arms up while facing the mirror, telling him to think what he did wrong and to report back once his (literal) reflection time was done. It wasn't even the whole day! Just long enough that Harry didn't want to be punished like that ever again.

Elsa was different. She didn't put her hands on him. But she made sure that he understood what he did wrong and make him feel properly guilty because she was right. Like him pulling a tantrum with the snake so close to Nanna and making the snake feel like he was in danger with the two women with him. Nanna could have been bitten and the snake was dangerous not because he have sharp fangs, he admitted that he have poison in his fangs and that he could kill the two easily. Harry didn't want anyone to die just because he was upset.

Every attempt to force her to show her real face failed. She wasn't anything like Aunt Petunia. She wasn't pretending to be nice. She didn't try to make him look bad. Sure, she was mean as a teacher but Harry thinks that all teachers were mean. Uncle Danny was mean with his numbers too. So did Nanna when she was teaching him letters. But none of them called him stupid when he made mistake. They only said; try again. When he felt like he was about to scream from his mistakes, they told him to stop and do something else.

Dora also liked Elsa. When Harry played the violin, she joined them by playing the harp, the flute, or the piano. She can play the violin too but she never took Harry's violin from him just to show what she can do. She asked but if he refused, she gave up and turned to a different instrument. Elsa can also sing and even when Harry hated her, he admitted that she have a really nice voice. Sometimes, Nanna will ask her to sing and Elsa will sing just for her.

Not to say she was perfect. No. Harry had never met a woman that liked to eat sweets as much as Elsa. Aunt Petunia would be horrified by the amount she can eat. But Elsa also ate salads but only because they were the easiest meal for her to make. She wasn't a great cook like Aunt Petunia. She burned her eggs, for one. But she can make really delicious drinks. Also, if it was easy and can be made without the stove or the oven, like sandwiches, she can make them. Although she will spend some time in the kitchen learning to be a better cook from Nanna or Pepper.