A Little Rebellion

Jazz wasn't sure about Elsa at first. But the woman have been nothing but patient with Harry's suspicion and taciturn treatment of her. Though he wasn't cold, he kept his distance. Elsa also did not try to force her presence on the child. If anything, she seemed more concerned with Jazz's health. Though being around Elsa does eased most of her chest pain and the phoenix tears seemed to work better with her appearance at the house, Jazz knew that her days were numbered.

Maybe Elsa's appearance and life giving aura would extend it but her body was already damaged. Danny knew this. It was why he kept away from her as much as possible though at the same time tried to be there as family. But ever since Elsa came, he seemed more confident with sticking around his family. He confided to Jazz that Elsa's aura was powerful enough to counter his and even nullify his life stealing passive. Basically, instead of hers or Harry's life, Danny was feeding off of Elsa's energy.

Even the plants around them looked more lively.

Albus Dumbledore came calling at the end of April to renew their barrier and found that it was actually stronger. He looked at Jazz who informed him about Elsa's passive ability. He was surprised to hear that such a person existed, "No wonder she was hidden by magic itself. Anyone with ill intention would have used her to their own ambition. Nothing good will come of that,"

Jazz nodded, "And I think Danny's protective nature sensed this. He was just as protective of her as he was of Harry and I," She smiled, "Harry is happier that Danny is more open with him and spending more time with us. Although he was still unsure about Elsa. He even behaved bad around her to test her. Elsa was patient but she put her foot down when he went overboard,"

Albus chuckled, "What did he do?"

Jazz smiled, "He knew he won't be able to finish but he insisted on taking more than he can before pushing aside and saying he didn't want to finish. When Danny tried to make him finish it, he pulled his first tantrum. Elsa won't have it. She forced him to finish and lectured him about wasting food. I think Harry learned to not waste food or took more than he could that day. Danny was surprised to see someone freezing the room that wasn't him!" She laughed at the memory.

Harry wasn't happy since no one sided with him. But when he next did what was told, he was praised by everyone. He was quickly learning that Elsa was nothing like Petunia. Oh, she can be doting and sweet with Harry. But when the boy misbehaved, she was quick to correct him. First, gently. If he persisted to misbehave, she will bring out the Queen that she once was. Needless to say, Harry quickly made the distinction. Elsa won't take any backtalk or tantrum from him. She have yet to raise her hand. Jazz have started to wonder if she ever would spank Harry.

Well, it wasn't her that spanked Harry when the boy actually broke a vase on purpose.

It was Danny.

After a long lecture about how the pieces could have hurt him or Jazz or even Elsa, Danny have Harry help clean up the mess he made with his supervision. He even have the boy apologize to Pepper.

Jazz supposed that was the day that Harry learned that Danny can be strict and not just doting. If something was bad, he will made sure that the boy remember it. Jazz was surprised to see this side of Danny. After all, neither Jack nor Maddie cared much about safety growing up. They ate food that was contaminated with synthetic ectoplasm after all. And lab safety was ignored. Otherwise, something as stupid as putting the 'ON' button on the inside won't have happened.

Perhaps his death due to their parents' carelessness created this side of him.

Albus laughed, "Ah, children. This is the age where his personality is starting to really show. I am actually quite happy to hear him testing the water with both of them. He's growing more confident with himself,"