A Visit of Griffin And Serpent

Danny looked out the window when he heard someone approaching. He was just finishing up dealing with a couple of laws that needed repealing when his long ears heard noises approaching the gate. He watched as Severus Snape, whose past as a Death Eater turned spy was revealed by Elsa the night after Harry finished telling Jazz about his first birthday and adventure, apparently she came with an internal screening ability that she can tap on when she felt like it, walking up to the rather tacky Gothic gate with his initial inside a shield like some sort medieval noble or something, with someone new. A witch that he had never seen before. He changed back to his less impressive but still creepy human form and walked down to greet them.

He could just fly out but that would be too much at once.

He sent out his senses and felt Elsa in the back watching Harry swim while Jazz was in kitchen checking on their herb collection that they grew by the window like a hanging garden. He called out, "Gale. Tell Elsa we have company,"

The wind blew past him and around the house while he walked to the gate where the witch stood studying for a way to call for him. He put on his politician smile as he greeted her, "Hello? How can I help you?" He waved, "Sup, Sev?"

He watched as the spy's brow ticked at the old nickname that his niece used to call him by. Had Elsa not told him about Severus's past and complicated involvement in his niece's family's death, he might have mauled the man right there and then. It was only her informing him about Severus's suicidal need to keep Harry safe despite the possible distaste as the boy was supposed to be the son of his greatest tormentor growing that kept Danny's hand from flying to his throat. The man was willing to die for his son, regardless of his own personal feeling prior meeting Harry, that landed him Danny's favor to his give his second chance.

Danny had his and his sin was bigger. Though his mistake was smaller, he understood the weight of guilt that came from his careless action leading to the death of his family and friend in that other dimension. Severus had not thought that his naive chase for power and acknowledgement would lead to the one person in the world whose life meant anything to him dead by the hand of someone he once thought of as a father figure. Just like how naive Daniel Fenton did not think cheating on his test would lead to the end of all life.

Everyone made mistakes.

Everyone deserved a chance to redeem themselves.

Danny will allow Severus his.

The witch looked at the tall dark wizard with an amused look before looking at Danny, "I heard my colleague Severus here made an adorable friend when he went out for his usual potion ingredients order for the school stock. I thought I should meet this little wizard who would send him essays on potions above his educational level. I was impressed by his eloquence in his little 'homework',"

Danny looked at her, "And you are?"

She cleared her throat, "Apologies. My name Minerva McGonagall, Transfiguration Mistress and Head of Gryffindor's House of Hogwarts,"

Severus sneered, "Merlin, Minerva, the boy haven't even got his letter,"

Danny grinned, "I see! I heard Gandalf asked you and one other to help prepare the house for my sister and Harry! I should give you my thanks. Also, Jazz would be glad to see you both!" He waved his hand, "Come on in! Welcome to the Shrieking Shack!" He then shouted over their shoulder, "Thank you for watching over them, Elf Man!"

The two Professors looked behind at the treeline where he just shouted and barely made out the silhouette of a tall man shuffling in the woods. Minerva asked, "Who was that?"

Danny looked at her, "You're Scottish, right? It's in your accent. It slips out sometimes. Ever heard of ghillie dhu?" At her wide eyes, he grinned, "Yeah. That's him. He watches the house from the outside in the morning. At night, it's the dullahan. He patrols the hill with his horse,"