Renewed Proposal

Danny watched as Harry wooed Elsa to be his mother in truth. She was a little flustered but he can see that she was immensely pleased. She became more affectionate since Harry started calling her 'Mum'. It was very different from the way she put up a polite distance from being too close to him before his morning greeting her as his mother. But now came a different problem...

He needed to marry her and make her his wife.

She might not say anything but Danny knew, from watching her, that she missed having a family of her own. Sometimes, when Jazz and Harry played a family game, he noticed this longing light in her eyes. He understood that loneliness she carried. Jazz and anyone else will not understand. After all, no one was immortal like they were. Maybe that alchemist he heard about would but he have a long list of family in his family tree, even if they might not know about their relationship with the famous alchemist. For Danny, he only have Jazz and Harry, and even that was after years believing himself alone. But for Elsa, she was truly alone.

Still, he didn't think he should just take her to the court and marry her there. He think that, since this should be a momentous occasion for her, at least to his knowledge, he should do it properly. Not to mention that it was a royal wedding of the ages. He wasn't exaggerating. There had never been any such union between the ghosts and the spirits before. At least to his knowledge. This can also be considered a political marriage. Sure, Elsa did not rule Tir Na Nog or the Other Lot. But she was their 'head of state', as much as he was the figure head of the ghosts. Just like the monarchs of Britain, they reign but did not rule.

At least not Elsa.

Danny was somehow stuck with partial ruling since every rulers of the large lairs or communities in the Infinite Realm will turn to him to settle their discord. During Pariah's reign, he held tourneys that they will fight to their 'death' to settle problems. Winner will take all. But usually he will kill the winner of the tourney just to prove himself the strongest. However, Danny preferred to take things to court over tournaments. He wanted to at least be civil with things before he settle it all with his own fists. It was because of this 'gentler' way of dealing with those hard heads that some thought he was soft. Took some painful experiences for Danny to finally let go of doing things the human way to deal with ghosts.

But back to the matter at hand, he should at least properly court her. The Other Lot was old fashioned like that and he should not stir more of that hornet nest. Elsa was their most precious treasure and they will demand that he treated her so. Because of this, the matter of his marriage to Elsa must be handled with care.

When Elsa walked in the garden beyond the natural swimming pool one evening, Danny decided to join her. She stiffened a little when he simply appeared over the water but then relaxed and watched as he approached her. Danny completely ignored how creepy it was to just appear like the way he did. He had not done things like a human for ages that he often times forgot that proper human will not just appear under the shades of trees floating over water. But Elsa did not mention that it was creepy. Instead, she tried her best to get used to it.

Danny asked her, "May I join you?"

Elsa smiled, "It's your garden, Danny. You may do whatever you pleased,"

Danny smiled at that, "Thanks..."

He took tiny steps to stay in pace with her. She took her time enjoying the sights of the water garden that worked to filter the swimming pool behind their house. After they reach the curve of the path with a bench under the largest willow tree, she sat down on the bench and looked at the hills just beyond the black stone walls of their home. Danny sat down next to her, feeling like a giant beside her. The placement of the bench was high enough that they can see the village just below the hill where their house was situated.