two.

lennon cursed under her breath when she saw her father's car in the drive way. she looked at her watch while walking her bike up to the garage, it was only five minutes after seven. if she just peddled a little faster... 

once her bike was parked in the garage, lennon walked on the paved pathway to the back door hoping her father wouldn't see her. she twisted the knob and pulled the door open a little bit making the door creak loudly. 

lennon looked through the little crack to see that the kitchen was empty so she opened the door all the way hoping it wouldn't creak as much. it didn't much to her delight. once inside lennon carefully shut the door trying to not make a noise that would tell her father she was late. 

with the door shut she tip toed to across the marble floors and carefully started up the stairs. lennon was  surprised she actually made it up the stairs with out her father realizing she was late. lennon walked down the long hallway to her room at the end of the hall. she opened the door and was so glad to be in her room.

the smell of vanilla and green apples greeted her as she closed the door behind her. she threw her backpack on the  her bed that was placed in the corner of her room, pushed against the wall. she opened the doors french style glass doors to her balcony.

lennon loved her balcony, where it was a place she could relax and watch the sun set and rise. she also loved all her flowers and plants that were on her balcony so when she would sit and read in her favorite chair she could smell the flowers.

lennon leaned on the railing of the balcony the came up to her waist, she looked over to see if her father was on the patio. her thoughts of his whereabouts were confirmed when she saw her father sitting at the fancy patio furniture set reading the paper. her mother who looked tired sat in a chair next to him painting her nails when she glanced up at lennon giving her a small smile.

lennon retreated back inside her room to unpack her backpack. she unzipped it and grabbed the three books and walked over to the floor to ceiling book case on the other side of the room. finding a spot for the books would be difficult considering the fact that the bookcase was over flowing with books.  after a couple minutes of looking for a spot and coming up empty she placed the three books on top of existing  shelved books.

she then went back and grabbed her flannel and kimono to hang up in her large closet. her closet that hung up enough tops and dresses to last her four months without doing laundry, not including bottoms and pjs. the large dresser in there was for that purpose was to hold all her jeans,  skirts, shorts, pjs, and undergarments.

closing her closet door  lennon went back over to her bed where she just fell on it tired from today. she just wanted to lay there on her soft down feather white duvet and fall asleep, but she knew she couldn't and that she had to go downstairs to socialize with her father.

lennnon sat up and looked down to realize that she had left her scuffed up dirty high top converse on. that means she must of tracked dirt through the kitchen, the stairs, the hallway, and her room. she felt bad that the careless act made more work for sarah, the maid.

lennon quickly made up her mind that she would sweep up her mess. so she wouldn't track anymore dirt, she untied her shoes and kicked them off leaving them in the middle of the floor. lennon opened her bedroom door shutting it behind her as her feet hit the tile floor hallway. 

the floor was cool beneath her feet, feeling good since it was so hot out. lennon just wanted to lay on the cool floor and just stay there instead of go downstairs and socialize with her father. lennons small hand opened the door to the cleaning closet where the broom and dust pan was kept. 

she put the dust pan between her legs so she could use two hands to sweep, and started sweeping up the mess she made. lennnon shuffled down the hallway  her dirt pile growing. she somehow made it down the stairs and started sweeping up the dirt in the kitchen.