twelve.

lennon skipped around her room picking up the dirty clothes off the floor that needed to be washed. she had been in such a happy mood after this past week with harry. the two had grown close while fixing up the porch in the front of the house, and doing small little things here and there.

what's even better was she hasn't seen her father all week because he was staying in the city for a business conference, so everything in the house was less tense much to everyone's delight. Even her mother was.

all this made leaving more easy everyday since her mom was going to lunch everyday with her old friend cindy.

lennon had a big armful of clothes and threw them in the hamper for sarah. she scanned the room to see if she missed anything when she saw harry's clothes sitting on the floor near her bed. she hadn't returned them for she wasn't ready to. it was comforting to be able to have a part of harry there when she was home, and thankfully he hasn't asked for them back yet.

after she was done with that she got dressed out of her pjs and into light wash jean shorts and a warm color tie dye shirt. putting her hair up in a messy bun  using a bandana to keep it out of her face, she grabbed her backpack and made her way downstairs slipping on her converse before disappearing out he back door.

harry was waiting for her at the end of the street like he had been everyday. lennon broke out into a smile as she saw the orange jeep with a smiling harry inside.

"hi." she greeted climbing in the passenger seat.

"hey." harry returned driving down the street.

"so i'm really hungry and i was thinking subway." lennon said to him repositioing herself in the seat so she was sitting criss cross apple sauce.

harry let out a laugh.

"oh yeah?" harry chuckled.

"yep." lennon answered emphansing the 'p'. she watched as  harry shook his head.

"we have to be quick though, got a lot of work today."  harry reminded lennon.

lennon was excited today for three reasons,

one, she was hanging out with harry.

two, she was getting food.

three, she was painting painting something she never really done. yes she did finger paint when she was little in kindergarden, but that's it. her father opted her out of most of the art activities for it was a 'waste of time'.

lennon though loved it, so she was estatic when harry announced that they would be painting the garage today with some left over paint he discovered in the garage.

harry parked the car in front of one of the very few chain food places in town. she was excited about getting food because she hadn't eaten anything that morning  and it was already noon. 

lennon walked alongside harry as they walked into the semi crowded subway. lennon began bouncing on the heels of her feet, she hasn't had subway in forever. lennon somewhat tensed though as she saw a couple boys from her graduating class sitting in a booth eating their subs

harry must have notice lennon tense and grabbed her hand, rubbing circles onto the back of her hand. lennon was thankful for the gesture, but was still nervous. she didn't want to be embarrased in front of harry. lennon was somewhat relieved though that they haven't noticed them yet. 

"what would you like miss?" lennon told the guy her order and waited for harry to be done with his. another worker brought lennon's sub to the cash register and began to ring up.

"just this?" lennon shook her head and pointed over to harry's sub that was currently being made. the worker glanced around the corner to see what harry ordered before ringing it up.