nine.

lennon was in one of the main bathrooms standing on the toilet looking out the window at her fathers car. she waited until she saw her fathers car pull out of the driveway for she got off the toilet. she pulled out her phone and texted harry that her father just left. slipping the phone in her back pocket she crept out of the bathroom trying to be quiet for she did not want to get caught out of her room by her mother.

she walked to the end of the hallway about to go down the stairs and into kitchen when her phone vibrated in her back pocket.

from harry:

i'm here

lennon smiled and put her phone back in her pocket. she gone unnoticed down the stairs and was in the kitchen about to go out the back door when she heard her mother start coming down the stairs. lennon then quickly went out the back door and shut it quietly before fast walking to the end of the street.

the cold raindrops hit her skin as her feet hit the pavement, but she could careless because she was going to be spending the day with her friend maybe even her best friend, harry. the orange jeep came into view and she couldn't help but feel happy and giddy.

she opened the passenger side door and got in out of the rain. she slid her backpack off her shoulders and set it by her feet before looking at harry.

harry had a smile on his face as did she, before it contorted into one of concern.

"lennon what the f.uck happened to your face?" harry questioned leaning in closer to examine the bruised cheek. lennon could feel the anger radiating off him which made her nervous.

" i-i-" lennon stuttered before harry interrupted her.

"did your f.ucking father do this?" harry questioned raising his voice making lennon cower back a little in her seat making harry's eyes soften. the silence was enough for harry for he knew the answer and muttered a sorry to lennon for raising his voice and scaring her. 

lennon kept quiet as they drove down the road not knowing what to say. she was scared that harry was going to approach her father, and she couldn't let that happen.

"harry please don't do anythi-" lennon pleaded before harry cut her off again.

"lennon how am i going to not f.ucking do anything! your father hit you and you don't think i should do anything about it?" he gritted trying not to raise his voice to scare lennon. lennon didn't want harry to get hurt, he didn't know what her father was capable of.

"harry please don't do anything. you don't know what my father is capable of." lennon begged concerned for harry. harry shook his head.

"you want me to sit back and let him hit you? i don't know if i could do that." harry stated gripping the steering wheel tight.

"please harry." lennon said to him.

"let's just drop it." harry snapped rather coldly to lennon surprising her, because she never seen harry so cold.

 harry turned on the heat on low for lennon because it was chilly and raining out. lennon fiddled with the radio trying to find a decent radio station trying to forget what just happened.

she gave up though because she wasn't getting anything clearly because of the weather.

"so what's on our agenda today?" lennon asked trying to break the silence that fell upon the two.

"i don't know yet." harry told her lightly glancing at her. 

the rest of the car ride was quiet and when they pulled up to harry's house it was down pouring compared to subtle rain a few minutes before. although it was early lennon wanted to get out of the car and run in the rain.

"holy s.hit." harry commented leaning against his steering wheel and looking out the windshield. lennon wasted no time and got out of the jeep and started running in the rain leaving her backpack in the car.

"lennon!" lennon could hear harry call after her but she ingnored him and kept going. she loved the rain. it's been so hot and it was raining and it felt good. lennon let out a yell in happiness pushing the conversation in the car in the back of her head because she just wanted to have a good day.

she spun around when she heard a car door slam to see that harry had caught up to her and now they were both in the backyard standing in the rain.

"are you crazy?" harry asked playfully a smile on his face. lennon just nodded laughing and grabbed harry's hand. she stood on her tippy toes trying to twirl him around but since he was so tall it kinda failed. lennon didn't care though and hummed a tune as harry twirled her around smoothly. 

harry surprised her though when he tapped on the shoulder and yelled "you're it!" running towards the garden.

lennon of course loved this and thought game on.  lennon ran after him happy he was in a better mood.  her feet slid a little in the mud but kept running. when she reached the garden she looked around, but she couldn't see the curly headed boy. confused she kept walking in the garden scanning the plants when she saw harry crouching behind a bush his head turned the other way.

lennon smirked this was just too easy. she carefully crept up to the bush and leaned over and tapped his shoulder yelling tag. lennon bolted because she knew harry would be right behind her. lennon ran towards the house when she started to fall because she slipped in the mud.

lennon felt two large arms wrap around her waist catching her before falling on the ground. she felt harry's hands then grip her waist and lifted her up and tossed her over his shoulder.

"harry!" she shrieked  laughing. at least she had a good view of his bum.

"got you now!" harry told her walking the rest of the way to the house. when they got inside harry still had lennon over his shoulder as he walked upstairs and into a room she presumed to be his. he carefully set lennon down on his bed and sat down next to her.

lennon bounced up and down on his bed making harry let out a little chuckle.  lennon soaked by the rain started to shiver a little and she was mentally yelling at herself to wear something other than a tank top and shorts when it was fifty nine degrees and raining. 

"are you cold?" harry asked looking at lennon with his beautiful baby green eyes. lennon nodded in response.

"you can take a shower if you want, and i'll get you some dry clothes." harry offered. 

"that would be great. thank you!" lennon said gratefully. she was hoping the shower would warm her up. she watched as harry made his way over to a beautiful oak dresser looking through the drawer. lennon glanced around his room to see it was painted a off white and was a pretty good size.

there was still a couple of boxes scattered around on dark wood floor, but other than that it looked pretty homey. harry's bed was pushed up against the wall with a cute little wooden circular table beside it in front of a huge four pane window.

"here." harry said a small stack of clothes in his hands. lennon smiled and took them from his hands and stood up waiting to be directed.

harry walked over to door that was painted the same color of his room, and opening it.

"you can use my bathroom, and um there is soap and everything in there." harry rambled quickly scratching the back of his neck. lennon smiled at how nervous he was.

"thanks." lennon dragged out as she walked in and set the clothes on the sink.

"i'll be downstairs." harry informed her. 

lennon nodded and shut the door.

he was cute when he was nervous.

(please vote, comment, and share!)