seven.

lennon sat on the counter her legs dangling over the side.  she watched in amusement as harry was trying to master boxed macaroni and cheese. apparently he knows how to do it but was having great difficulty in doing so.

"i just don't understand." harry sighed staring at the pot of cooked macaroni like it was going to make it its self. lennon grabbed the box of which the macaroni and cheese came in  and read the instructions on the side because she also didn't know how to make box macaroni and cheese. her father disapproving of the idea of it.

the water was already drained and harry just put the cheese in but he didn't understand why it wasn't sticking to the noodles like it showed on the box.

"we have to put milk  or butter in it." lennon told harry. 

"lennon we don't have any of those." harry noted. 

"now what?" lennnon asked swinging her legs back and forth. harry sighed and looked at lennon.

"wanna go grocery shopping?" harry asked surprising lennon, but she nodded. because she was hungry and wanted mac and cheese.

"that way you could pick out what you want for dinner this week." harry added lennon nodded and jumped off the counter.

"let's go!"

the two climbed in harry's bright orange jeep and began the drive to the store. lennon not liking the silence at the moment turned on the radio and switched it to the mainstream station she was listening to earlier. a old song came on, living on a prayer by bon jovi. lennon started freaking out.

"harry do you know this song?" she questioned let out a shriek of joy when she saw him nod. she turned up the dial and the chorus hit. and lennon started belting out the lyrics.

"c'mon harry!" she shouted nudging him. so when the chorus came around again they were both singing at the top of their lungs. the song came to end and so did the drive to the store. they pulled into the the parking lot and got out of the car.

harry grabbed a cart pushed it down the aisle of the store lennon by his side. lennon hasn't ever really been in the store for sarah took care of the grocery shopping and lennon was forbidden by her father to go into one

so this was all new to lennon just as it is to harry, and it became interesting when they were trying to look for things in particular. for example milk.

"i think it's that way." lennon guessed pointing to the whole other side of the store. so harry pushed the cart in that direction thinking that lennon has been in here millions of times and knows where she's going.

well when they ended up at the other side of the store there was not milk and dairy products. there were bottles and bottles of shampoo though.

"i thought you said the milk was over here?" harry asked confused. lennon shook her head and decided to tell him this was like the first time she's been in here herself.

"well you see, i wasn't ever allowed to come in here, and this is my first time." lennon confessed not looking at harry because she was ashamed. it was pathetic she had lived here her whole life and has not even been in the store. the food store.

"why didn't you just say that in the beginning?" harry questioned softly.

"because it's really embarrarrsing." lennon breathed feeling her cheeks become hot.

"well don't feel bad because i actually have to pick some shampoo up." harry reassured letting go of the cart to stand by lennon to look at all the bottles of shampoo. lennon let out a sigh in relief and looked at harry who was looking at the shampoo bottles.

he looked like he was so concentrated, this would be the perfect time to get revenge lennon thought. since he was concentrated on the his shampoo choices  lennon crept away from him and hid behind a  display that he would most likely walk by and not see her.

she watched as harry turned around to say something to her and noticed she was gone. his eyebrows furrowed as he just threw the shampoo and matching conditioner in the cart and started looking around for lennon.

"lennon?" he said  pushing his cart right past the display she was hiding behind. this is it lennon said to her self, it's now or never. lennon ran out from behind the display so she was behind harry and yelled quite loudly "boo!"

harry jumped and turned around looking at lennon with a frown. lennon was laughing so hard though that she had to hold onto her cart because she had tears in her eyes.

"okay, okay. you got me." harry says in a defeated tone. lennon got herself together and shot harry a smile. lennon glanced in the cart to see what shampoo harry picked up, some brand she didn't recognize but she had to smell it.

lennon grabbed the shampoo out of the cart and flipped the lid opening breathing it in. lennon let out out a little moan because it smelled so good.

"smells good?" harry chuckled at lennon's reaction. she nodded breathed the heavenly smell in one more time then closed the lid. 

thirty minutes later and harry and lennon were standing in line waiting to pay for the food. harry started loading the hot dogs, shampoo and conditioner, the milk, butter, cereal, chips, and a whole case of water onto the conveyor belt.

"lennon!" harry whispered shouted to lennon who was looking at the magazine rack. lennon whipped her head to see harry looking frantic.

"what?"she whispered shouted back.

"i forgot body wash!" harry whispered shouted. 

"i'll go get you some!" lennon told him running to the wall where the shampoo and stuff was figuring it would be there. she made it there fairly quickly and was looking at all the body washes and decided to pick up the watermelon one. 

making sure it smelled good (which it did) lennon ran back to the register harry was at and placed it on the conveyor belt. harry picked up the watermelon body wash and sighed.

"you got me watermelon?" harry grunted. lennon nodded.

"yep. i made sure it smells good too." lennon knew she was pushing it, but it was just a body wash... and watermelon smells good! harry just sighed and placed it back onto the conveyor belt.

after paying for the groceries and loading them in the car the two headed back to harry's house. the radio was on but not real loud a silence settled between them. lennon though didn't mind and sat criss cross apple sauce in his passenger seat looking out the window.

it didn't take too long to make it to harry's  house and lennon helped carry in the groceries. putting everything away the boom box on. harry finished making the macaroni and cheese with the just bought milk and butter. lennon got out the paper plates and plastic utenisls and they each got their good. 

they sat outside on the patio at the table and chairs the sun not as harsh as it was earlier. lennon took a bight of the mac and cheese approving but it was really good. 

"thank you for dinner harry." lennon said taking another bite. 

"your welcome." he smiled stretching out his legs.

"harry why did you move here?" lennon blurted out. the question has been on her mind for awhile but she didn't want to say anything. harry seemed surprised by the question and stayed quiet as if he was was thinking of a answer.

"it's safe."