eighteen.

lennon woke up to a room that was still dark, alone in harry's bed. lennon sighed when she didn't see harry beside her and wondered where he was. lennon stretched before deciding to get up and look for the curly haired boy.

lennon's feet hit the cold floor boards making her shiver. she quickly padded across the floor blindly for she couldn't see anything. after managing to find the door and the knob itself lennon walked out down the short hallway to the stair where the lights were turned on.

not bothering to be quiet because lennon was still groggy to really think about her actions. so when lennon nosily made it down the creaky steps her eyes widened a little when she read the clock on the wall seeing that it was 3:27 a.m.

and harry was still up! unless he passed out on the couch. lennon glanced in the living room to see he was not asleep on the couch. lennon frowned, where was he?

now slightly worried and nervous that he left her alone lennon wandered into the kitchen. lennon could hear music and grunting? lennon confused what harry could be doing at this hour with the combinations of noises she was hearing walked towards where the sound was coming.

her feet carried to a door that was beneath the stairs, lennon had noticed the door before not thinking anything of it other than a closet. scenes from stupid people in horror movies going through a door that led to their death flooded her head. lennon knew though it was probably just harry.

she opened the door to reveal stairs leading down to a lighted room the music blaring. she started down the stairs noticing the cobwebs present everywhere. lennon could see him now, harry that is. well his back.

the first thing she noticed was that sweat glistened down his shirtless back and that his hair was pulled back into a man bun. he was wearing shorts that he must have changed into while she was asleep .lennon took a couple steps in the room not being able to see what he was doing when she saw.

he had boxing tape on his hands and he was hitting a punching bag repeatedly resulting in him grunting. lennon was in shock. she had never seen this side of harry. she had only seen the one who wore the light wash shorts with tie dyes that made lennon laugh. now she saw a angry man.

lennon was concerned for harry. he shouldn't be doing this at 3 something in the morning, she wondered if he did this every night or if it was just because whatever louis said to him. wanting to know what he was doing down here at this hour she started to approach him.

he hadn't noticed she had entered because he was focused on his punching bag and only his punching bag that he was punching so hard sending it back with every blow. lennon took slow steps not wanting to scare him. she stood up against the wall where the punching bag was making it so harry sure he would notice her.

he did.

when he did he stopped abrubtly his eyes brows knitted together in surprise. before saying anything though lennon watched as harry walk over to a stereo she failed to see and shut off the music. he turned around breathing heavily as he looked at lennon his chest going up and down rapidly.

lennon adverted her eyes from his sweat slick chest an to his face that was staring at her with a blank expression.

"harry," lennon started slowly "why are you down here?"

"i needed to... i needed to let out some anger." harry explained with a sigh. lennon nodded processing what he said.

"are you angry from what louis said to you?" lennon asked him.

"why are you up?" harry asked her not answering her question. lennon started to feel irritated.

"i don't know i just woke up." lennon exasperated.

harry didn't say anything in response and just stared at her. lennon couldn't understand why harry was acting like this, where was the harry she was used to?

"let's go upstairs." harry motioned to the stairs. lennon let out a sigh complying because she was hoping maybe harry could give her some insight on what was going on. once they were upstairs in the kitchen harry instructed lennon to sit at the table.

lennon did and watched as harry got two glasses from the cupboard filling them with water before returning to where lennon was. he set one glass in front of her and took a seat next to her taking a long drink of water before setting it down.

lennon waited, watching harry as he buried his face in his hands taking a deep breath before lifting his head up again. he looked at lennon, really looked at her with a emotion lennon didn't know.

"when i was younger, i knew this man and i thought he was my friend." harry began.

lennon knew this must be hard for him to talk about about his past from his body language. she clasped her hands together, her elbows on the table so she could rest her chin on them wanting him to know she was paying attention.

"he wasn't. i got a call from my sister. she was crying hysterically and then i heard the shot." harry let out a shaky breath.

lennon's mouth flew to her mouth in horror.

"i rushed over to their house hoping she could still be alive along with my mother since my sister still lived at home. when i made it there, they were......they were.." harry trailed off shakily his eyes averting to his hands.

lennon set one of her hands on his rubbing small circles on the back of his hand. she couldn't believe what she was hearing, it was so so tragic. harry didn't deserve that. lennon bet his family didn't either. harry looked up at her at the gesture his eyes meeting hers,

lennon felt as if she couldn't breathe for even in a moment like this his eyes were intoxicating.

"the police marked it in the files as murder the killer unidentified. but i know it was him who had done it because he called me the day after it all happened. he told me that this was just the beginning and that i shouldn't trust people so easily." harry's voice broke.

"to this day, i don't understand why he did it. i knew i had to leave though, so i took everything i had in the bank and packed up my belongings and came here. bought this house and am here with you." he let out a small sigh and managed a small smile towards lennon. lennon gave him one back.

"what louis said to me tonight was that man was back in the area and is in talks with your father. i can't have what happened to them happen to you." harry breathed looking in to lennon's eyes.

her father? that's why harry wanted her to stay. lennon got up from her chair going to harry wrapping her arms tightly around him. harry relaxed in her grasp his arms finding their way around her waist pulling her almost down on to him.

"i'm sorry you had to get caught up in this." he whispered to her. lennon shook her head, she couldn't blame him. her father is a disgusting human being and so was that man.

"harry, i'm sorry about what happened to your family. it's all so horrible." lennon said to harry sincerely.

"it's not your fault but thanks anyways." he told her.

he unwrapped his arms around her, lennon unwrapping hers from him.

"how about i go shower, and we try to get some sleep." harry proposed looking up at lennon.

lennon nodded, following harry upstairs. wanting nothing more to sleep with harry by her side.

(hi, its kind of short, but i wanted to update. tell me what you guys think of this chapter. i hope you have a nice day/night!)