Newt Imagine #2

The greenie Julie started flirting with Newt since she came out of that box and it's been like that for a week already.

You tried lots of things but she just wouldn't go away and it annoyed you so much. You went to the Deadheads and no one followed you.

You're both thankful and feeling that nobody cares about you. You were about to get the pocket knife Newt gave you but you heard leaves crunching.

Minho, Thomas and Teresa appeared. "I thought no one would care about me anymore." You say "What are you talking about Y/N?" Teresa asked "Everybody's busy with the greenie that even my boyfriend didn't notice me going at the Deadheads." You say

"Well it's rare for us to have a girl." Thomas said "And she's flirting with my boyfriend and my boyfriend forgot about me and it looks like they like it!" You shout tears escaping your eyes.

"Calm down Y/N." Teresa says "How can I calm down when they're out there probably doing something while I'm here sitting, crying my eyes out, shouting at my friends? What would you do Teresa if someone flirts with Thomas knowing anytime that you could lose him?" Their eyes widened but said nothing.

Teresa came to sat down beside you. "Come on Y/N we all know Newt loves nobody except you. Let's go back and see what's happening." "But what if-" Teresa cut you off "No more but's. Come on I'll talk to Julie and Newt." The four of you walked back silently.

When you came back everything was fine. Newt's working at the fields and there was no sign of the greenie. "See everything's fine." Teresa says comforting you. You sighed.

When you were about to go to Newt, Julie out of nowhere came to Newt.

Pretending to work, she was asking Newt on how to use the hoe 'Just like her' you thought.

Before anyone could stop you, you half walked half ran to Julie. Out of anger you slapped her. Hard. Both of them stared at you shocked and so are you. You didn't think you could do that.

"What's happening to you Y/N?" Newt said "Why are you so blind!" You shouted "What are you talking about?" Newt said "She's flirting with you since she was out of that shucking box. She's trying to get you from me. You forgot about me since she came here. Why are you so blind Newt? Can't you see it?" You say shouting, tears streaming down your face. You run back to the homestead

-Dinner-

You didn't realize that it was dinner until Teresa knocked at the door. You're at Teresa's room. "What's next? Banishing? No need I won't go back to the Glade when I run tomorrow." You say still staring in an empty space.

You've been like that since the incident a while ago and Minho, Thomas, Teresa, and Chuck kept checking on you just in case you try to do something. They made sure nothing that could kill you was in the room.

"No Y/N it's dinner and I told Alby that you won't run tomorrow." Teresa said "I don't want to eat. Just let me die."

"This isn't worth your life Y/N. Come on you have to eat." Teresa picked you up and led you out of the room.

Once you were out you had to stand up and pretend that everything's alright because the other gladers didn't know what you were doing in the room but they do know what happened a while ago.

They only know that you needed to be left alone. Teresa made you line up to get food. When you got your food you quickly sat down at your usual table with Minho, Thomas, Teresa, Chuck, and Newt.

You thought Newt was going to sit down beside you where he always sits but he kept on walking not even glancing at you and headed for the table where Julie sat.

You got so pissed off. You wanted to dump your food at her face so badly but Teresa held you back.

-After Dinner-

The five of you went to Teresa's room. "Teresa can I sleep here I'll just sleep at the floor and you and Thomas can sleep at the bed." You say

"Even if you don't want to you'll eventually sleep here." Teresa says. You give her a confused look. There was a short moment of silence. Finally Minho broke the silence

"Julie is going to sleep at your room." You go out Teresa's room and went to your shared room with Newt.

When you opened the door you saw Newt and Julie kissing. Minho, Chuck, Teresa, and Thomas are behind you. You stood there in shock.

Newt pulled away. "Y/N I can explain." Newt said "Newt if you don't love me you could've said so instead of making me feel stupid. You're there making out with a girl while I'm here your girlfriend just watching you and I can't do anything about it because my boyfriend seems to like it!" You shout not caring if anyone else heard you.

You storm off and Teresa followed you. "I thought you were better than that." Minho said and the three of them left leaving Newt and Julie alone.

-Next Day-

You went to the Deadheads but before you went Teresa made sure you didn't bring your pocket knife and anything sharp with you. You sit down.

After a while Newt sat beside you "Y/N Teresa told me everything." You ignored him but deep inside you want to jump into his arms and be like that for the whole day maybe even for the rest of your life. But you couldn't just the thought of last night makes you feel sick.

"Why are you starving yourself?" He said "Why are you kissing her? Why are you always with her? Why didn't you just break up with me?" You say almost shouting

"I didn't break up with you because I love you. Don't compare yourself with her she's nothing like you. I tried talking to you but she held me back. I didn't know it was getting this worse. Please forgive me Y/N. I love you and no one else." "What happened last night?" You ask "She kissed me-" You cut him off "and you're going to kiss her back?"

"No. You know I wouldn't kiss anyone but you. I wouldn't love anyone but you." He said "What about the times you sit with her at breakfast, lunch, and dinner?" You ask "She said she needed help on finding a job at the Glade. She said she might be a runner but she's thinking of other options." He said

"I wish she'd get stinged by a griever" you mumbled

"Or she'd be a cook." Newt continued "Don't let her be a cook she might put poison at my food." You mumbled.

"Y/N I love you so much and that wouldn't change even if they send up thousands of pretty and slutty girls. You know you're the only one I love. Please forgive me Y/N." Newt begged

"Is Julie pretty? I know she's slutty but is she pretty?" you ask "Not as pretty as you are." He said "But she's still pretty?" You ask "No, well maybe average but not really." he said "Do you forgive me?" He asks "Of course I forgive you." He pulled you closer to him and both of you sat there until dinner talking, laughing, cherishing the moment just like the old times.