Thomas Imagine #3

You were working at the Gardens when Teresa approached you.
"Y/N," she says catching her breath, "Thomas got stung."
"What? Is this another joke?" You asked.
"No, it isn't, it's true." And by the look on her eyes she is telling the truth.

You run toward the Homestead and it is true. When you opened the door to where the sound came from you see Thomas lying down on the bed and Newt and Alby are on the opposite sides.

You were too stunned to ask what happened but Newt explained
"He got stung. We don't really know what happened other than that."

You sit down at a chair beside his bed then Newt and Alby left.

"Hey Thomas, got a lot of explaining to do when you wake up but for now rest. Well you can't really rest because of the memories coming back and the shouting and you're whole body will probably ache when you wake up. Tell me if you remember anything about us before the Maze. I want to sleep here but I can't, with you going through the Changing." You kiss his temple before leaving.

-3 days later-

As usual when you're going through the Changing, there were occasional screams that haunted you and you felt hurt just hearing Thomas' screams.

Just when you're about to stand up and go to the Gardens, Teresa opened the door.

"Y/N, Thomas is awake. He wants to see you."

Both of you walk to Thomas' room. When you opened the door you saw Thomas staring into open space "Thomas, you said you wanted to see me." He looked up.

"Teresa and Chuck can you go out for a moment?" He said. Chuck nodded then they left the room.

"Y/N sit down." His tone made you nervous "What's wrong Thomas?" You ask.

"Y/N we helped create the Maze. You, me, Teresa , and a bunch of other people I don't know. We did this to them. To us. And there's a lot more coming." You looked at the floor, ashamed of yourself.

'How could I be a part of such a terrible thing? Why would I put a bunch of teenagers in a giant maze including me and Thomas.'

"Y/N are you okay?" He asked "Yeah, I just... uhm... wasn't expecting that." You say "I wasn't expecting that either but there's a few more."

'What now? Manipulating people? Forcing them to go inside the Maze?'

Thomas might have seen the look in your eyes.

"They're not bad ones. I saw us at the beach, at the park. Having dinner with two older people which I'm guessing is your parents-" You looked up.

"What do they look like?" Tears started forming in your eyes "They look like you. You have your father's hair and you have your mother's lips and eyes which I love the most." He cupped your cheeks.

"I love them. I love everything about you that make's you perfect." He said "Don't be silly, nobody's perfect." You say obviously ruining the moment "You're perfect to me." He kissed you.

When he pulled away, he made space for you to lie down on. When you lay beside him, he said. "The worst part was me going to the the Maze. I had to leave you there and erase all my memories. I didn't remember you when you came out of that box but I fell in love with you bit by bit."

You spent the next hour talking about the memories that he remembered. About those times you weren't in the Maze yet. When both of you were just ordinary lovers living ordinary lives. And you coud say that it was perfect the way it is before the Maze.