Ω Chapter 37

Matthew's POV

I stood staring at the door for 15 minutes trying to tell myself that this is real, but it didn't feel that way. I grabbed the handle and ran out to the garage. If this is a dream Serena will be there with animals or something. When I got there her car wasn't there. So this is all real. 

I walked into my house not sure how to feel. I can't function, I'm not sure how to feel. What did I do? If I did't get so angry and wouldn't yell maybe we could've really fixed what happened between us. I sat down on the couch and thought back to all of our movie nights. 

"Serena stop!" I yelled as a joke. She laughed and threw more popcorn at me. I smiled at her because her laugh is the most wonderful sound you could possibly hear. It makes me happy and makes me laugh along with whatever stupid thing she is laughing at. 

"Let me get it in your mouth." she giggled. She always claimed she never giggled, but she did. And when she did it was adorable. I nodded my head and she started throwing pieces of popcorn into my mouth. I got a lot into my mouth so I made the comment how we should go pro one day, and she said we would have to up our game to something like grapes before we could go pro. 

We never went pro. 

Also on this couch when she had a bad day at school, or admittedly the hate would get to her we would cuddle on here and make up stories. She once told me about a unicorn who was a sad unicorn and he was very sad. 

His name was Robert and he hated most of the other annoying unicorns, but one day he met a girl named Julie and they became best friends. Robert discovered that Julie was also a very sad unicorn who hated the other unicorns just about as much as he did. Robert felt happy that there was another unicorn just like him, so happy that he thought Julie would be his source of happiness forever. 

She stopped there before she could finish it, but I can tell Robert that he needs to be his own source of happiness before he goes falling in love with Julie, then she breaks his heart. 

I got up off the damn couch because it's just to damn annoying. I ran up the stairs to our room and looked around it. All of her stuff is still here and there's nothing I can do about it at the moment. I laid on the bed and just stared at my ceiling. 

"You wouldn't be alone with just a cat Serena," I started saying aloud to feel less lonely, "you would have me as an old man sitting right there just as in love with you as I am right now." I wiped a tear from my face and forced myself to go to sleep. 

*****

I didn't get out of bed the next day either. Not until the doorbell rang and as I hopped for it to be Serena it was just Johnson, Gilinsky, Madison, and Nash. When I saw the last person I sorta went sick. 

"I'm not gonna kill you chill out," Nash patted my back laughing, "I just came to get her stuff." he said. I nodded my head and pointed up stairs. I looked around for the others to see where they went to. 

I found the three in my back patio just there talking. I looked at them confused as to why they were here. 

"I'm not gonna leave my man here to go through this alone." Gilinsky said. 

"Did you cheat on her or something?" Nash asked walking out, "she won't tell me anything." he said. 

"Is she okay?" I asked him. He just shrugged said his good-byes and left. Nash knew what Serena did, but I don't think he would guess that's the reason we broke up. I don't even think that's the reason we broke up anymore. 

"It'll be fine soon Matt." Johnson patted my back.

"How did you know?" I asked them. Serena and I never really put anything out there or told them. 

"We stopped at Nash's first, she was there, then Nash told us, yeah." Johnson said. 

"What we need to do is get him drunk." Gilinsky said. Madison slapped his arm. Gilinsky turned and started tickling her, both of them started laughing historically. It was annoying. Are couples always like that? It's gross and I can't believe that used to be me. 

"Can you two do that some where else?" I asked annoyed. 

"I'm going to go." Madison laughed messing with Jack's hair. They've been together for a year now. I don't know how they do it. 

"You should check on Serena." Gilinsky told her trying to be quiet. 

"You shouldn't." I said shaking my head. I know her, and she just doesn't talk to anyone. 

"No I think it would be good. I've talked to her enough times that we could be considered friends," she shrugged looking at me now, " and besides you have your friends here, and she's there with no one." she said. 

"She has people." I said still annoyed. Madison rolled her eyes, kissed Jack and left. I sat down between both Jack's and sighed. 

"You're really sad aren't you." Johnson said. I just kept looking at my back yard and sighed. 

"I'll get over it." 

"You are not going to be all this sad an stuff while I'm here nope," Gilinsky said standing up. He typed some stuff on his phone then looked at me, "everything's gonna be fine soon buddy." he gave me a smile and started talking on the phone. I gave a look to Johnson, but he just shrugged not knowing either. 

//

25 votes for the next chapter 

QOTD; what is your fav pass time of the summer????

btw read my newest story ;)