𝟑𝟖 - 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

Stella had let out a loud cry so loud it had alerted the others in the group. The world moved in slow motion as she watched Rick, Daryl, Carol, and Tyresse hurry outside. Her shock blocked out every sound. She could barely see what was happening in front of her as Daryl and her father kneeled next to her placing one hand on each of her shoulders. She watched their mouths move without hearing a single word. After desperate tries to talk to her they turned to Tyreese who sat kneeled next to one of the bodies that Stella assumed was Karen.

She had no concept of time when she sat there. Soon, reality crashed over her, snapping her out of her trance making her hear everything that happened around her. However, she didn't move a muscle. She just listened as a heated argument played out between Rick and Tyreese. She heard hers and Levi's name being mentioned several times without her reacting.

All she could do was sit there, staring mindlessly in front of her as tears fell freely from her eyes. She had to remind herself to breathe so as to not pass out.

She sat there, feeling completely numb as if every thought and emotion had felt her body in a river of tears, replacing her with a mindless and dark void.

"Stella?"

A shrill voice broke through her trance. For a moment she told herself that she was hallucinating just like she had after Lori's death. But as she looked up she noticed that everyone else had turned to the sound of his voice. Stella's eyes met his and she shot up without hesitation. She pushed through the small crowd that had formed around the two bodies before stopping right in front of him.

"What the hell happe-"

The sound of Levi's voice made the girl act on pure impulse throwing her arms around his neck. At that moment she didn't have a care in the world. No illness was going to stop her from pressing her sobbing face into his shoulder. No matter everyone's eyes on them. It didn't matter that she was risking her life. All that mattered was that he was alive. She cried hard against the fabric of his shirt, soaking in his sent and presence. She never wanted to let go but soon he forced her off him, fearing that he might expose her to whatever he was carrying.

"What happened?" He asked as his gaze shifted between her teary eyes and the two bodies behind her.

"I thought- I-" She stumbled over the words as the sobs left her mouth. "I thought you died."

Deep wrinkles appeared between Levi's brows as he stared at Stella. "What? I was in Caleb's cell."

Overwhelmed by emotions she placed a hand over her chest, feeling every thundering heartbeat. She heard Levi ask Rick what had happened out here earning a quick response but Stella had stopped listening. All she could do was focus on catching her breath and gather herself.

Levi was led back into his isolation cell as the adults started investigating what had happened to Karen and David. Stella learned that the only reason that Levi hadn't been killed along with them was because he had been called to Caleb's cell after coughing up blood. She was worried about him of course but she couldn't think about anything other than the relief that she felt knowing that he was alive.