20~ Don't Even Try to Save Me Tonight

~~Mark's P.O.V~~

Aaron and I sat in that lonely empty room for the next, I don't know, week? Week and a half? Maybe it's been a month, I had no idea. The day's blurred together and since there were no windows I couldn't even tell if it was night or not.

Everything was cold in that room, cold, empty, dark, and whatever word you'd have for the kinda of hell this is putting me through.

Every little noise that I hear scares me. Every time I hear that metal door creak open I fear for my life. Every day they come in here with some sort of punishment, for me it's insults and beating from the man I once loved but for Aaron, it's much worse.

Men have their way with him. A nasty vicious way of using and abusing him and I can't do anything but watch and listen to him beg and whimper. It makes me sick to my stomach that A, they would do that to him almost every fucking day and B, I can't stop them.

Yesterday was pretty bad, Tim and Sam came in just for me and cut me up pretty bad. I think it was Sam, I don't know, it's the guy with the big green eyes. But Tim did the worst of it leaving big gaping cuts in my arms and thighs while Sam stayed back spitting nonsense at me. I felt like shit today and the wounds were barely healing. I think some of them were infected.

Today is different though because no one has come in to torture us which is unusual because I've grown accustomed to the times they show up. I count every second between each time and they haven't come yet, I'm thankful but it's putting me more on edge.

I looked around the room trying to find something to somehow get us out of here. I've had a lot of time to look at the door and notice that it is always unlocked which I find weird. The table off to the corner always has some weird shit on it that gets changed every now and then. The walls are made of solid concrete which makes me think that this is under ground somewhere and the roof is made of I think wood? I have no idea, it's too dark to see. The only light source is from under the door which casts a weird dim glow. I shook my head and gave up trying to figure things out. I haven't eaten in days and I felt it best to conserve as much brain power as possible.

I moved around in my stiff position moving my sore wrists around in the heavy chains. I shuffled into a more comfortable position and looked across the room at Aaron. He was leaning up against the wall, slumped over with a distant look in his eyes. He was staring at the wall beside him with no emotion. He looked like a robot, a lifeless, empty, beaten up robot with no hope left. Can't say I blame him.

"A-Aaron." I choked out with a dry scratchy voice. He didn't respond, he just kept staring.

"A-Aaron, b-baby come on. Speak t-to me, do some-thing." I swallowed hard hoping to get some moisture to speak properly but my mouth was just so dry. Aaron didn't budge and that worried me.

He was so out of it I don't think he noticed the creaking of the metal door. I faced it in fear and scooted as far from it as I could. I saw only Aaron's dad in the door way and watched as he made his way closer to him. He had a look on his face, it was hard to see in the dark but it looked like regret, or maybe sadness. Why would that bastard feel regret for everything he's put us through? I listened closely as he crouched down beside Aaron.

~~Aaron's P.O.V~~

Do you ever get that small, slight feeling of bliss after a breakdown? Like that small point where you feel like everything is going to be okay and you stop crying for a moment to calm yourself down before you snap again? Yeah, I guess that's how I felt right now. I kept staring at the wall dreaming of a big window there letting blissful light shine through on my skin making it tingle and a nice view of the ocean beyond the glass. I felt like I was in paradise for those few short seconds, that was until I felt a tight grip on my shoulder.