Chapter 17; The Princess Falls

~The Princess Falls~

Song; Salvation

~I love to read comments from everyone telling how they felt and what's on their mind about these chapters. It makes me so happy and gives me more courage to write when I hear from you all~

"Good morning, Lucy."

Today was the day.

"Good morning,"

The most dreaded day.

"Father."

Today was Lucy Heartfilia's 17th birthday.

"You are growing up, my dear." That was it. There was no, "Happy Birthday, Lucy," from her own Father. But, she supposed, she shouldn't have been hopeful. Why, even on this supposed special day, would her Father be anything except cold towards her? Lucy had stopped wishing and dreaming long ago.

There was nothing happy about this day anyway.

"You are aware of what tomorrow tonight is, do you not?" King Jude asked his only daughter, looking down his nose at her. Lucy silently hoped he would not see how much she shook or how her sweat glistened in the sun's light that the window let in. "Yes, Father." She couldn't meet his cold eyes. She feared, if she did, he would see just how much his daughter hated him at that moment.

Tomorrow night is when I lose everything. That is what my 17th birthday means.

At that moment, Lucy wanted to raise her head and look King Jude straight in his dead eyes. So her Father could see the fire there. Hiding just beneath the submissive surface. She wanted oh so badly to question him about Natsu's Nest Mates.

Do you know of the Dragon Slayers down underground? Why are you hiding them, Father? Why are they so important to you? What are you using them for?

But, Lucy couldn't put her thoughts into words. She couldn't draw in enough air to be able to get them out. She couldn't find enough courage to find that air. Even though she was an adult now, when she was being stared down at her Father, it was like time turned back.

And Lucy found herself as a little girl once again shrinking away from her Father's fierce eyes.

"This will be an most important night for you, my dear

"This will be an most important night for you, my dear. Have you everything prepared?" King Jude questioned his daughter. "Yes, Father, I do." She replied respectively. "Very good, I expect you to arrive on time, and look your best." Lucy's Father waved his hand in the air dismissively, "Leave me now."