Chapter 24; A Fairy Tale Never Ends

~A Fairy Tale Never Ends~

Song; Defeated

~Thank you all for the votes! I love to read comments from everyone telling how they felt and what's on their mind about these chapters. It makes me so happy and gives me more courage to write when I hear from you all~

Gajeel's lungs were collapsing.

The pressure in his chest was pushing what little air he had left out of him. The dark water had completely taken his sight from him. He could not see except for silhouettes. Gajeel fought passed his rising panic and continued his assault to bang his fist into the Demon's skull.

The Demon who was steadily bringing him further down into the darkness and away from the light and precious air. The shark like Demon's teeth were still ripping into the Slayer's leg and its teeth were getting closer and closer to Gajeel's bone. He couldn't afford to have his leg snapped in two. So he still found his will to fight. To try and win. To get free.

Like all of his previous attempts this one too was met with failure. What a shitty way to go. Gajeel thought grimly. Drowned. Gihihi, by an enemy too! If he had enough energy to do so, he would have given himself a good hit to the face. The great Black Steel Gajeel would be brought down by a...damned...fish.

Gajeel's thoughts began to fade away along with his perception on reality. In the back of his decaying mind he hoped that Levy had gotten out while he had been fish bait. A shrimp like her didn't deserve to die by suffocation.

Faintly his delusional mind thought it saw a dark, small shape swimming toward him. With it the shape brought light. Nah, Gajeel numbly thought. The silhouette wasn't bringing light.
The shape was made out of light.
And that light was coming toward him, it was reaching for him, and then...Gajeel felt warmth spread across his lips.

With the startling warmth came air and the Slayer sucked it up greedily. He felt power and awareness start to come back to him. It was nothing like eating iron but breathing was high on his list of most important things. When Gajeel's crimson eyes fluttered open the warmth had already left and he was cold again. He immediately had to slam his eyes back closed when a sudden blinding orange light flared in front of his eyes.

At that exact same second the pressure on his leg disappeared along with the light. His forced his eyes to once again snap open against the force of the water. What he saw nearly took his breath away.
And not in a good way.

Because there was Shrimp.
A fine orange glow fading away from the two fingers on her right hand. A smile was steadily coming to her face, lighting up her hazel eyes that were filled with relief. And coming up right behind her was Torafuzar, jaw impossible wide, and razor sharp teeth on display ready to tear into flesh. Levy's flesh.

In that moment underneath the still, dark water, Gajeel felt fear.

With a powerful kick of his legs, Gajeel shot through the water, grabbed Levy around her waist, and roughly yanked her away from the Demon's jaws just as he snapped them closed. An enraged growl rumbled through the Slayer's chest as he raised his iron clad arm high above his head. Then brought it down with all of his power, roaring, "Hands off!"

 Then brought it down with all of his power, roaring, "Hands off!"