Chapter 9; Watching Eyes

~Watching Eyes~

"Tell me once more."
"No setting anything on fire."
"No killin' him."
"No fightin'...even though I want to..."
"No doing anything that will get us in trouble...by you..."
"No punching, kicking, biting, roaring, clawing, or breathing fire."

Lucy smiled, "Very good, boys, I'm proud of both of you."
Gray rolled his eyes.
Natsu pouted.

"And the most important one?"
Lucy eyed the boy's expectedly.
Black eyes met blue.
"Do not get discovered."
They both muttered as their answers.
Lucy let out a relieved breath, she didn't need to worry-that much-anymore.

"I'll be back soon, okay?" She told the boys as she slipped on her black cloak. "I'm just going to go out with Levy for a few hours." She smiled at them as she headed out the door.
"Remember what I have said!" She called out one last time before she closed her door behind her.
Lucy waited for a moment...
When she didn't hear any fighting from within her room, she turned, and headed down the stairs, through the halls, and out of the castle.

Once outside her home, she looked for her carriage that would take her and Levy into town. The person that would be driving the carriage was one of her other Guards, Taurus. There would also be a second Guard with her, Scorpio. Two of her best.
Loke wouldn't be here to protect her this time.
She didn't know why, but sometimes her Personal Guard would up, and disappear for days.
Nobody knew where he went and he wasn't about to quench their curiosity.

Not even for his favorite Princess either.

"Good mornin', Lady Lucy!" Her brawny Guard, Taurus, called out to her. "Don't you look lovely today." She smiled kindly at her broad Guard and took the hand that Scorpio, her slimmer second Guard, offered her. The Guard helped her into the carriage before he let her hand go. "Thank you, Scorpio." Lucy thanked him as she settled into her seat. Lucy giggled as the wild personality type Guard stuck out his tongue and stuck out two of his fingers and thumb.
"We are!" He shouted as his own way of saying 'your welcome'.

As Lucy sat back, she looked up to the castle that she called home. She hadn't informed her Father that she was going out to town. She hadn't told him for many reasons. One; Lucy didn't feel like wasting her time trying to get an audience with him. Second; she new he would throw a fit and berate her on her horrible decision to leave the safety of her suffocating home.

She sighed.

Her eyes wandered to where her balcony was located. Lucy's heart jumped in her chest. She just hoped that those two could keep it together. She had kindly asked the Strauss sisters to check up on the two boys every once and awhile. Just as a precaution...
Lucy sweatdropped.
Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...
Just as she was about to lose her nerve and bolt back up to her room-a voice laced with honey called out to her.

"Lu-chan!" Lucy lifted her eyes to see Levy hurrying over to the carriage, a heavy book in her small hands, no doubt the reason for her lateness.
"Levy-chan!" Lucy waved to her friend as she skidded to a stop next to the carriage. She huffed out a long breath before smiling, "Sorry I'm late." Levy raised the massive book and eyed it. "You may already know the answer to my excuse."
The Princess chuckled before moving back to make room for her friend.
"Hop in."
Levy did just that.

Once the girls were settled, Scorpio gave the okay for Taurus to start up the horses. Then they were off.
To Harageon.
****
"Levy, I need to speak with you."
Lucy began timidly.
Their shopping day was complete and there hadn't been a single bad occurrence. Everything had gone smoothly. Lucy had even been able to get a few new books!
(Admittedly some were not for her, but for a certain pink Dragon who just loved pictures of other, more scarier Dragons)