Chapter 18; Moonlight Dragon

~Moonlight Dragon~

~Thank you all for the votes! I love to read comments from everyone telling how they felt and what's on their mind about these chapters. It makes me so happy and gives me more courage to write when I hear from you all~

Hands were pulling and tugging at her hair painfully. Tears pricked at her eyes when pins and needles began to stab her skull. Lucy already couldn't breath properly. Her chest was being crushed and her movements were restricted. She tried to take a calming breath, but a sharp pain made a whimper escape from her tight lips.

Lucy was in Hell with no way out.

"Apologies, Hime, would your highness like to punish me?"

Lucy, opened up her teary eyes, and smiled kindly at her maid, trying to mask the pain, "No, Virgo, that is quite alright." When the pink haired maid nodded, she went back to preparing Princess Lucy for the ball that night. Lucy's eyes closed. Cold sweat had already soaked her skin, leaving her dress to stick uncomfortably to her. Her heart beat against her chest with the force of a hammer. Her stomach lurched and rolled, her lunch ready to make its escape. Lucy took a deep, shaky breath.

The Princess was going to meet her husband tonight.

Lucy's nails dug into her palms harshly and she clenched her teeth. She didn't want this. She never had before. However, she could never voice her thoughts or protests.
Her words meant nothing to the King.
But now, she wanted more than anything to stop all of this from happening. To stop a ring from being slid onto her finger; sealing her future with a man that would never hold a place in her heart...that spot had already been claimed. Lucy closed her watery eyes before Virgo could see that her tears were not from the hair pulling.

Lucy wished for more time.
She wished that she had stayed with Natsu at Fairy Tail. Her fingers absentmindedly touched her Guild Mark from beneath the silky arm glove that hid it. She wished she had told Natsu last night, then maybe he could have taken her someplace where her crown and title meant nothing.

Lucy knew she couldn't though. She had responsibilities to her kingdom, to her Father, and most of all, to her Mother who had adored her so. Time was thrown to the wind it seemed...along with her useless wishing. Before Lucy knew it, she was ready, and Virgo was urging her to look into the mirror. The girl who stared back at Lucy in the mirror was almost unrecognizable to Lucy's eyes.

Virgo had pulled Lucy's blond hair high into a bun with one tendril of hair brushing against her cheeks on each side. Makeup had been lightly applied to her face, a bit of glitter had been dabbed under her eyes, adding a sort of glowing affect to them. Her maid had put her into a scarlet dress that hugged her body hungrily.

Lucy had never felt so beautifully wrong.

"You shouldn't be so nervous, Hime." Virgo said in her emotionless voice. "If it is about dancing," The pink hated maid backed up a step. "Then I can teach you." Lucy watched in amusement as her maid began to hop on one leg and move her arms in strange patterns through the air. "Thank you, Virgo." Lucy giggled, standing up. She needed a bit of laughter. The Princess took a deep breath, steeling herself from what was to come, and stepped through the door that Virgo opened for her.

As soon as she stepped out of the room that had served as her hiding place, her ears were assaulted by an excited voice that echoed throughout the ball room, announcing her arrival.
"Here she is! Princess Lucy Heartfilia of the Celestial Kingdom! Look how lovely and cool she is! Coooollll!"